mullaghmore Sat 13 oct 2007

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

mullaghmore Sat 13 oct 2007

Postby paulocallaghan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:49 pm

hi,

heading up to mullaghmore this coming saturday, plan to fish off the beach so as to get a feel for it for the masters in a few weeks time.

hope to fish 2pm to about 10pm or until i get fed up, which ever comes first :lol:
anyone interested in joining me???

ps i can arrange bait for anyone that needs it if i get a little notice.

rgds

Paul
paulocallaghan

Postby paulocallaghan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:27 pm

just to add, possible species include flounder, plaice, turbot, doggies, bass, sea trout, mackeral, garfish, apparently some ray and spur dogs and if a skipper down that way is to be beleived a porbeagle shark :shock: :shock: that is regularly seen in waist deep water :shock: :shock:
paulocallaghan

Postby MC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:47 pm

would love to join you Pual but i have to work on saturday :cry: best of luck mate
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 383 times

Postby paulocallaghan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:49 pm

thanks i think i need it. especially considering the way it fished the last time i was on it
paulocallaghan

Postby MC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:53 pm

every time i go to fish here work interferes, maybe someone is trying to tell me something. :roll: heard there is nice plaice and flounder from it, and sorry spelled your name wrong last time and i couldn't edit for some reason
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Bradan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:54 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:just to add, possible species include flounder, plaice, turbot, doggies, bass, sea trout, mackeral, garfish, apparently some ray and spur dogs and if a skipper down that way is to be beleived a porbeagle shark :shock: :shock: that is regularly seen in waist deep water :shock: :shock:

You're optimistic! :lol:
Its called fishing, not catching. If it was called catching it wouldn't be fishing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradan99
Bradan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 130 times

Postby MC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:02 pm

Bradan wrote:
paulocallaghan wrote:just to add, possible species include flounder, plaice, turbot, doggies, bass, sea trout, mackeral, garfish, apparently some ray and spur dogs and if a skipper down that way is to be beleived a porbeagle shark :shock: :shock: that is regularly seen in waist deep water :shock: :shock:

You're optimistic! :lol:

good job hr got them new waders then :lol:
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Bradan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:09 pm

From what I've heard you'll be doing well to get one of those species :?
Its called fishing, not catching. If it was called catching it wouldn't be fishing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradan99
Bradan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 130 times

Postby paulocallaghan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:20 pm

Bradan wrote:From what I've heard you'll be doing well to get one of those species :?

i know, masters being fished there in 3 weeks so trying to get a look at how its fishing, by no means would i intentionally pick this venue if i had a choice, but just wanna see if i can get any tips etc from a bit of practice.

also the more lads fishing the better idea i would have of what works and what doesnt, looks like i maite be alone out there :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
paulocallaghan

mullaghmore

Postby kieran » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:06 pm

I think if you do a search on mullaghmore beach you will find the reports are mostly of flatties, dogs and some sea trout. Anything beyond that is somewhere between wishful thinking and bigfishus skipperitis :wink:

Spurs in mullaghmore, must be a cowboy...
Kieran Hanrahan

Time spent fishing is never time wasted...

2015 targets - a triggerfish, a specimen bass, a three bearded rockling to complete the set and something big and toothy from certain north Mayo deep water marks
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby MC » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:59 pm

how did you get on Paul, any good, pick up any tips?
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Postby paulocallaghan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:39 am

ya got a few fish, have the "deadly baits" and "killer rigs" picked out. fished a few of the mullaghmore area venues in anticipation of the masters. official confirmation of venues wont be until thurs and as its connacht all the donegal beachs were ruled out
paulocallaghan

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats