Bazuka or Kis rod cases

Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm not sure were to put this request ,would anyone consider a sale,swap, or lend a airplane proof rod cases eg Bazuka or Kis about 72ins .I have a pair of Ron Thompso thermal boots size 9 ,Stalker 20 home base CB radio or perhaps a 400mm laser level with tripod in case. I hope I have not broken any forum rules with this post.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:13 am

i can give you a bazooka rod case, but you'l have to pick it up.

Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:53 am

Hello Gazo, manys thanks for you offer am I right in thinking Killiney is in Dublin, I know with the new road link I could be there in about 2hrs but I'm rushed off my feet at work ,I'm just back from a great weeks fishing in Co Clare and I'm going to Jersey in 2 wks .I'm going to see if the airline will let me use a plastic downpipe taped at the ends,once again manys thanks for you offer. Tight lines..................

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:17 am

no problem, enjoy your holiday.

Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:58 pm

jg, Most airlines will let you use a rod tube but you will have to pay for sports equipment approx €25 each way. Beware of downpipes as a group of us who regularly travel by air found that they break easily,especially the way handlers throw them about. You can buy a Bazooka pro/kis or plano tube between €100/150. It is worth it in the end over the years we have only seen one broken rod tube and most of the downpipes/sewer pipes(stronger) have been broken.I have been using a bazooka every year for 11 years and no problems. Enjoy the break.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:57 am

Thanks everyone . I phoned about 5 shops in Belfast none in stock,problem with the suppliers they say.In the end I ordered one with a firm in the states that I have used in the past you could check out there site it's Cabela's
A flambeau bazuka pro here would be about £69 there £43 even if I have to pay some duty it should still be cheaper I hope.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:16 pm

Remember I had trouble getting a rod case , well on the 7th of aug I ordered on line from Cabela's and it arrived on the 10th ,total cost £49 this included £7 inport tax and the icing on the cake . No extra cost to take rod case on the plane .The cherry on the cake was 3 new species black bream,red mullet,triggerfish.