Ballen Wrasse Meet ???

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi Guys following on from Adams Post would any Members be interested in a Wrasse Meet :?:

The location and date could be discussed on the site :idea:

What do ye think :!:

Danny

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:39 am

There has been one pencilled in already for the day after the shore comp at Ballyreen. Venue, "The bridges of Ross". The wrasse down there make those Donegal Bay fellas look like sprats.... :D Specimens a plenty if we have the weather to get onto the marks. Chance of speci pollack too.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:50 am

I'll be there for that meet if the weathers ok. Its might be worth contacting Bill Ryan aka ross before hand.

Donagh

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Myself and Cassie had a great days wrassing up north if anyone ever fancies a northern wrasse meet. same applies, good pollocking too. Some very decent wrasse caught. Good comfortable rock marks.
Location is no big secret, but just for now am saying zilch.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:31 am

petekd wrote:There has been one pencilled in already for the day after the shore comp at Ballyreen. Venue, "The bridges of Ross".

When is this scheduled for?
Is there a seperate thread with details?

James.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:35 am

August 12th

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... php?t=8578

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:17 am

Thanks Sean.

This could very well be my first meet with you lads. :)

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:13 pm

Conor H wrote:Myself and Cassie had a great days wrassing up north if anyone ever fancies a northern wrasse meet. same applies, good pollocking too. Some very decent wrasse caught. Good comfortable rock marks.
Location is no big secret, but just for now am saying zilch.

if it up north i would be interested, just let me know where and when and i'll see if i can get the wife to let me go :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 pm

I'm interested too conor.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm up for a northern Wrasse meet :lol:

Danny

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:55 pm

OK, let's try and get it sorted. How's about 1st weekend in August ? Sat or Sunday ?

Location - St. John's Point - at the very point ! Comfortable rock fishing. We hit it at low tide and fished the rise - was a great day's fishing. 50 plus Ballan Wrasse and about 10 pollock.

I can arrange Ragworm for anyone who wants it as that's what we used.

another option

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi

I am organizing a trip for people on 1st Sunday in August to Belmullet to some marks I know on the rough north Atlantic coast, some old and some new. Wrasse, pollack, coalies, ling and conger are the main targets. Life jacket essential as there is not as much comfort here as in St Johns Point.

Some utterly virgin marks, bit of an expedition really. If the weather is not good (did someone mention a summer?), we'll try other sheltered marks.

If you are operating on a Saturday schedule in Donegal, some might fancy the trip around to Belmullet for the Sunday... just a thought?

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:59 pm

That date I put up there was just a speculative date to see who was free around then. Maybe we could arrange both on seperate weekends ??

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Guys I'm up for the Sunday don't think i would get a two day pass from the boss :?

Cheers Danny

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 pm

could make sunday the 5th August, working saturday morning and wife is on 12hr shift that day so have the wee lass that day

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:59 pm

Hmmm tricky for me, that first week in August. I'm on a boat in Glenveigh National Park looking for Game fish........... :D

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Sounds good Gerry, watched 2 lads flogging the lake in Glenveigh yesterday in the lashing rain !

Let's try and get a date sorted for this anyway - if we count out 1st weekend in August , when can anyone make it soon after that ? I'm taking the Hog to Horn Head on 12th so can't make that , but am pretty much free from now on apart from then.

I could switch taking the boat to the first weekend in August and maybe do a Ballen Wrasse trip on the 12th ?

Any one any other suggestions ?

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:55 pm

with enough notice i can be there just have to clear it with work and the wife

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:31 pm

is this meet on if so when, would the end of august suit better?

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:39 am

I've heard no word back, but end of august suits me.