parent and child comp

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:10 pm

would anyone be interested in a little comp for members and kids on bray pier in the near future just a bit of laugh a few hours out with the kids

thought it might be a good way to get the kids in to fishing and your almost always garrenteed a few small fish off the pier
maybe have a 2euro an adult charge and try and get something small for the kids so kid gets something small

fintan

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:20 pm

Nice idea and fair play for trying to get kids involved. I know from experience that many clubs are complaining that there isn't enough young members. They are the future of our sport. If someone was interested in doing something similar in the Cork area I'm sure I could persuade my young fella to come along. Particularly if there was a "prize" of some sort :)

t

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Blinding idea just wish i was from area may have just got my own son more interested.

best of luck

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:00 pm

It is really good idea Croppy boy, i would have loved to something to do something like that when i was a kid...maybe instead of Parent and child it could be just younger members of the familly like brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews an so on, I'd bring my little brother but he's 14 now and built like a rugby player so prob a bit big :D

parent and child comp

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:31 am

Well how about putting a 16 yr old limit on it if anyones on for it just post an ok to the thread and well organise something nothing to serious just a bit of a laugh and see how it goes

fintan

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Sounds like a bit of fun, myself and my 9yr would be interested.