Shark Meet

Thu May 17, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Guys,
would definitley be up for it, Luke Ashton has a very good rep!! Tope hunt sounds like fun too....

Fri May 18, 2007 12:06 am

|I think the 6 that are down would be the limit (it is only open to club members as well)

jd

Fri May 18, 2007 12:18 am

Hi JD.
I'm sure you are referring to the SAI SAC shark meet but I think that this thread was started as an open meet. To be held along with our one.

Dave.
If there is a good interest in this would you thing of getting a second boat :?:

Fri May 18, 2007 7:17 am

jesus yeah.. just have to get numbers around end of june, then make a booking for end of july...

Fri May 18, 2007 8:01 am

if anyone was coming up to galway the sharking boat White Water 2 has just moved to barna pier(500 yards away from me) from penarth south wales and looks like one hell of a boat if u wanted to go sharking on it.

Fri May 18, 2007 8:43 am

Being a Welshman, I was surprised to hear that White Waters 2 was now on the West coast of Ireland, but looking at the web site i see andrew has sold it, and White Water 3 will be in service soon.
A great boat that operated for shark out of Milford Haven in the summer, and out of Penarth for cod in the winter. It's the boat John Wilson filmed the shark fishing in his last series Dream Fishing on.

[img]http://www.whitewatercharters.co.uk/images/boat/6l.jpg[/img]

More eye candy here, along with Ronnie Webbs potential record Blue:

http://www.whitewatercharters.co.uk/fis ... blue-shark

Fri May 18, 2007 4:48 pm

yeah i was looking at it the othe day and it looks like a mighty fine boat.

Fri May 18, 2007 6:04 pm

ya id defo be up for it!

Fri May 18, 2007 7:01 pm

it prob wont be in galway chris.........

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:16 pm

I'm also up for it - more precisely, I'm a deffo, I'm in.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:17 pm

I'm also up for it - more precisely, I'm a deffo, I'm in.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 pm

Mohawk wrote:
Donal wrote:may b wrong on this but thought the south west was best for the blues and the west for porbegal
its hit and miss evan in a boat
id be up for it if the group is 7 ore or less
ps get decent depossits as it could turn very expencive 4 who turn up if u dont

Hi Donal,

I know I may be a bit biased here :wink: :)

The best blues ground in Europe is undoubtedly between Ballycotton Island and the Old head of Kinsale on the south coast. A fact proven by the C.F.B tagging program time after time. That is why the European anglers return year after year some still coming every year since the sixties.

Read what The Shark Angling Club of Ireland have to say about the different coasts here:

:http://homepage.tinet.ie/~sharkclubireland/page4.html

7 anglers is too many for sharking from a boat the ideal number is 4 to give you all an equal chance. The maximum I would recommend would be 6 and you may find with 6 that 2 will have to just drop their lines from the boat without a balloon :cry:

If a boat takes 7 or 8 or even more of you sharking chances are he has never caught a shark and hasn't a clue about sharking or he is simply bluffing you to get the money or what we call "Catching Anglers not Fish" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sharking is done from one side of the boat only, therefore 7 is the equivalent of 14 on a normal charter trip but with sharking it is float fishing making it an even worse nightmare in any little wind and tide :?

Jim

Jim i agree with you almost 100% Deffo 4 Anglers is enough BUT don't put Donegal out of the equation.

I have caught Blues over 100lbs on 20lb gear on a 19ft boat (Adrian Molloys first boat) and it was interesting to say the least. imagine this Rubby Sacks out Blues circling the Boat then one attacks the Sack and another attacks the Prop :lol: :lol: :lol: you really would have to be there to see the excitement on our face's :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would defo be up for it no matter where its been to Manny years since ive had a Blue on the Line :oops:

Re Tope from the shore i Know of a mark in the Swilly where that COULD be possible but it would have to be in the next few wks.

Cheers Danny

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 pm

ROADRUNNER wrote:
Jim i agree with you almost 100% Deffo 4 Anglers is enough BUT don't put Donegal out of the equation.

I have caught Blues over 100lbs on 20lb gear on a 19ft boat (Adrian Molloys first boat) and it was interesting to say the least. imagine this Rubby Sacks out Blues circling the Boat then one attacks the Sack and another attacks the Prop :lol: :lol: :lol: you really would have to be there to see the excitement on our face's :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would defo be up for it no matter where its been to Manny years since ive had a Blue on the Line :oops:

Re Tope from the shore i Know of a mark in the Swilly where that COULD be possible but it would have to be in the next few wks.

Cheers Danny

Hi Danny,

I just sent you a PM :wink:

Jim.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 pm

jparicka wrote:I'm also up for it - more precisely, I'm a deffo, I'm in.

Hi Jan,

I Just sent you a PM too :wink:

Jim.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Alright lads this old chestnut again...Who is in? im in the process of booking a boat..im awaiting the skippers reply