mann (SHORE)

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:37 pm

i dont know if I'm posting this in the right place for the species hunt or what but here goes... got this dog fish around 1.20am this morning on razor and peeler, 65cm and fat, from the Doonbeg area
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: mann (SHORE)

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:19 am

The hardest fish for me to catch last year was the conger... It took several attempts before I finally got one so I decided to get him out of the way tonight,
And this little dab popped up to have its picture taken… God bless him/it,

Caught both in Tarbert Co Kerry 12.15am this day,

Conger gave the most tender bite… it may be because he felt guilty about eating his cousin that I used as bait… halve a small silver eel and a strip of squid on a sliding ledger rig with 6/0 Pennel,

Dab took a little mackerel on size 6 hook flapper rig,

And I’m happy that the buzz of catching what i went out for hasn’t gone as I did my little dance after getting both… also happy that nobody was around to see it, :D

002%20(2).jpg

003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 am

It took several attempts before I finally got one so I decided to get him out of the way tonight,
And this little dab popped up to have its picture taken… God bless him/it,

Caught both in Tarbert Co Kerry 12.15am this day,

Conger gave the most tender bite… it may be because he felt guilty about eating his cousin that I used as bait… halve a small silver eel and a strip of squid on a sliding ledger rig with 6/0 Pennel,

Dab took a little mackerel on size 6 hook flapper rig,

And I’m happy that the buzz of catching what i went out for hasn’t gone as I did my little dance after getting both… also happy that nobody was around to see it,

Soz about this but I put up 2 of the same fish and cant edit the post so here we go again, :roll:

002.jpg

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 am

Whiting,

From Cappagh pier Kilrush.. Took Sandeel on a 3/0 pulley Pennel about 9pm monday… 33.5cm,

CAPPAGH%20&%20WHITESTRAND%20011.jpg

Total species, 4. :oops:

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks to Gearoid’s report I finally got the rods out and caught my first ray of the year,

Caught this one on squid /eel and mackerel cocktail on a 3/0 pulley Pennel not far from Carrigaholt pier
Caught about 9pm last night.

[img]
Thornback%20&%20rockling%20002.jpg
[/img]

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Shore rockling caught at the same mark as the ray it managed to get a 3/0 hook in its mouth and wasn’t very happy about it..
I’ve seen pitbulls that didn’t snap at you as much as this one did… thank Buda they don’t grow much bigger as this on kept having a go at my fingers.

Caught last night,

[img]
Thornback%20&%20rockling%20003.jpg
[/img]
Last edited by mann on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:19 pm

1.90lb coalfish,

Caught at Ross Co,Clare yesterday afternoon on a float rig with a 4/0 circle hook baited with mackerel

Total Species. 7.

Last edited by mann on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:04 pm

your 3 beard rockling is a shore rockling mate ! and your pollack is a coalie !! :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:33 am

boycie89 wrote:your 3 beard rockling is a shore rockling mate ! and your pollack is a coalie !! :mrgreen:

:oops: Thanks for that Boycie... I have just corrected the post's 8)

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:47 pm

no probs mate

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Caught these mackerel at west Clare with the rustyest hooks you ever seen.. i did give them a little rub with a diamond knife sharpenor and stuck on tinsel from the childs toy box what more can i say about this exciting catch... well i did nearly add a seal to my list but he mannaged to get free of my line just as i was about to run out of line.. SCARY MAN,

These where the first of 14 mackerel caught between 8.30 & 11am.

[img]
Mackerely%20002.jpg
[/img]

Total species to date: 8.

Sat May 02, 2009 2:52 am

Bullhuss,

Caught this fella on fresh mackerel from the shannon estuary a few hours ago he came in at 3lb 12oz.. i will put a second pictur in to show the fangs,

first time ne of these gave me a slack line.. the norm is for them to give my rod a little knock then just sit there feeling sorry for themselfs but this one picked up the rig and draged it toward the beach.

[img]
HUSS%20PLAICE%20DOG%20007.jpg
[/img]

[img]
HUSS%20PLAICE%20DOG%20008.jpg
[/img]

Total species: 9.

Sat May 02, 2009 11:12 am

Caught this Flounder just before the huss on the Shannon estuary yesterday but had to wait to find out if it was Plaice or Flounder.. this fish also fell for a nice fresh mackerel on a 3/0 portsmouth rig

Thanks to Donal i now know its a Flounder

[img]
HUSS%20PLAICE%20DOG%20004.jpg
[/img]

[img]
HUSS%20PLAICE%20DOG%20002.jpg
[/img]

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 am

Ballan Wrasse caught 01/06/09 from a rock mark near Doonbeg Co Clare on limpet... caught about 7 and lost what felt like a fat one when he dived for cover :(

[img]
006.jpg
[/img]

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:44 pm

Caught this corkwing wrasse just before the ballan in the picture above cant remember if it took limpet or worm... I have just been told by wrassebasher its a corkwing,

Had to check him out as i wasnt too sure what kind of wrasse it was,

[img]
002.jpg
[/img]