Re: eyesreilly (SHORE)

Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 pm

Ah Dave there are still plenty more species to target, smoothies for a start, maybe have a go for the conger or even drive yourself mad trying hook a mullet. Expect the odd blank though as I've found out in my search for a Bass over the last week, :cry: I don't think I'd blanked so far this year and then three in as many days. :cry: I think I need another session out in Wicklow to reassure myself that I can actually catch the odd fish or two. :wink:

Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Dave wrote:Ah Dave there are still plenty more species to target, smoothies for a start, maybe have a go for the conger or even drive yourself mad trying hook a mullet. Expect the odd blank though as I've found out in my search for a Bass over the last week, :cry: I don't think I'd blanked so far this year and then three in as many days. :cry: I think I need another session out in Wicklow to reassure myself that I can actually catch the odd fish or two. :wink:

just back from a smoothie hunt to a well known(to some) smoothie mark in Dublin. Unfishable due to weed so it was a long hike for nothing, but at least i found the spot.A whiting in Bray Harbour later saved the blank :roll: . Think i'll be heading to Wicklow myself for some comfort fishing.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 pm

rock goby, wicklow harbour on rag, 27-07-09, total 25

P1080119 (Medium).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:30 am

Poor cod, wicklow Harbour , 6-08-09, total 26
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Starry smoothound, north wexford beach, 29-08-09, total 27

Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Common Smoothound, north wexford beach, 5-09-09, total 28

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Rock cook wrasse, wicklow harbour, 04-10-09, caught on rag, total 29

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Thornback Ray, Bray Harbour, 10-11-09, caught on 3 hook flapper, size 4 hooks on mack, total 30,,,,,,,,,,whoopee!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Some nice fish there. Fair play. I'm going to have to have a go at one of these species hunts at some stage. Just have to teach myself how to fish a bit better and how to upload photos on this site. :oops:

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 am

30 fish so far. :wink:

Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Haddock, Bray Harbour, 17-11-09, lug tipped with mack,,,total 31

17-11-090 002 (Medium).jpg