Mon May 21, 2007 11:52 am

BTW we are up to 46 species

species race

Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 am

final entry , so far!!
regards
screeming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cork harbour 22nd may 2007

Tue May 22, 2007 11:24 pm

hi just to add a garfish today
regards
screeming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 23, 2007 2:25 am

ok lads off you go
Open to everybody.
Post a pic of your fish with where,when and how you caught it and any other details you like.
Fish must be identifiable.

Do not post saying pic to follow- i will delete the post.
Only fish caught in 2007 in/off Ireland count.

quote , where when HOW caught

Wed May 23, 2007 2:32 pm

hi stevecrow74,
didnt see that i had missed the "how ", til after had been posted, hence here is how, for the species as posted.
regards
screeming
Launce:- baited shrimp rig , cork harbour mouth, jigging.
Red Gurnard:- Baited flowing trace, ( with beads) , mackerel and rag bait 3/0 hook
Cuckoo Wrasse:- baited spreader bar, mack bait
Plaice:- Baited plain spreader bar, at anchour, using small 1 hooks and rag
Haddock:- Two Up one down flowing trace, mack and rag , size2 hooks, on the drift
Spotted Ray:- Plain spreader bar at anchour, rag bait. size 1 hooks
Golden Grey Mullet. :-small mepp spinner, (customised with beads) and tipped with rag
Lesser weaver:- plain spreader bar, crab bait, on drift.
Grey Gurnard:- Same as Red Gurnard
Mackerel :- Feathers
Herring :- Sabiki rigs v small hooks
Blonde ray:- Pennel rig, flowing trace, size 7/0 hooks, squid bait at anhour
Bull huss:- plain spreader Bar, size 1 hooks, mack and crab bait, anchour
Starry smoothound:- as above
Common smoothound:- as above
Garfish :- Float rig, mackerel bait
Will make sure description will be in further posts

Wed May 23, 2007 2:45 pm

hi Screemingreels,

fromthe look of the pic with the common smoothie, it seems that a piece of the tail is missing, did you catch it like that or are smoothies edible?? i dont eat fish so i dont know

Wed May 23, 2007 3:02 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:hi Screemingreels,

fromthe look of the pic with the common smoothie, it seems that a piece of the tail is missing, did you catch it like that or are smoothies edible?? i dont eat fish so i dont know

i see all of the tail.. only becauce the sun isn't shining directly on it, doesn't mean its not there :twisted:

Wed May 23, 2007 3:26 pm

:oops: :oops: its only a shadow :roll: :roll:

Wed May 23, 2007 7:36 pm

Looks like I'll have to start targeting some new species :lol: though smothies and garfish are rare as hens teeth in the north :cry: ,nice fishing screaming reels .

Wed May 23, 2007 8:08 pm

I found 3 Hens Teeth under a Box of Jellyworms in Trap and Tackle no so long ago Ronald... :?

smoothound

Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi,
yes they are edible, i dont normally eat these, but as this one was badly gut hooked i kept it to eat, tastes the same as the " rock salmon" sold in uk chippers.
Hi ronald, yes, we do get a few more species down here, but i wish you could move Bangor pier down south, its throwing up some mini species!!! i'am sure there here somewhere, just got to find them!!
regards
screeming

Thu May 24, 2007 5:57 pm

you'd be in trouble trying to get the boat onto the same sort of ground we fish on the pier :lol:

Sat May 26, 2007 8:04 am

manaaged a new species for the year last night whilst on a bait collecting run in the boat ,my first herring of the year ,we actually stopped fishing for them in the end as we had plenty of fish .
Dont want give exact location but anybody wanting it can pm me ,its within small boat range of bangor. :lol:

mullet for species hunt comp

Sun May 27, 2007 12:26 pm

Personal best mullet of 4lb 14.5oz caught using bread on the 26-5-07 at a south down location

Sun May 27, 2007 7:47 pm

launce and cuckoo wrasse caught in galway bay 27th may 07, launce on feather and wrasse on small baited hook.

[img:1600:1200]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1765/27052007002up1.jpg[/img]

[img:1600:1200]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4186/27052007001eh2.jpg[/img]

Sun May 27, 2007 11:12 pm

updated
missing huss for barry added.

Lads, can ye double check I haven't missed one of your fish.

Mon May 28, 2007 7:56 am

huss and mullet also gone.

haddock

Mon May 28, 2007 9:06 pm

4 miles SW loop head, lugworm

herring

Tue May 29, 2007 6:58 pm

herring i got and thought i had posted weeks ago :evil: :evil:

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:34 am

Starry Smooth Hound, June 4, Rosslare Stand, peeler on a pully rig.