Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 pm

you tend to get them in amongest the boulders on the back of the pier ,you need a flat calm night as well . most of our fishing from bangor pier is done through gaps between boulders into 2-8 feet of water ,just depends if you can find one that doesn't have to many snags . tackle grave yard :lol: though robin in trap and tackle loves us losing weights hand over fist :twisted:

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:49 pm

second boat outing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:00 pm

updated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Species hunt-goldsinny 31-3-07.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:27 pm

A nice little goldsinny caught from Pickie Breakwater at Bangor using rag.This was my first wrasse of the year and its also the earliest i`ve ever had wrasse.There wasn`t much else about today just a few tiny poorcod.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:02 pm

seatrout caught on mackerel from a height of 30-40 foot cliff at Silverstrand Galway

[img:1024:768]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6097/stevesseatroutfy6.jpg[/img]

corkwing and ballan wrasse for species hunt

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:27 pm

Here`s a corkwing and a ballan wrasse caught at bangor 2-4-07,both were caught on rag,I also had another goldsinny.Im glad to see the wrasse showing up again

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:57 pm

I cant have davy having all the fun :lol: I managed ballans ,corkwing ,pollack , poor cod, shore rockling and sea scorpion tonight all on davys rag ,unfortunatley only the cork wing to count though :cry:

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:54 pm

short spined sea scorpion and a plaice caught from ramore head portrush today ,only 2 fish caught ,not a single wrasse :cry:
both fish came from about 100m on a 2 hook clipped down rig baited with rag and mackerel size 1 hooks

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:36 pm

That is the first plaice of the year. I'll update scoresheets after long weekend
jd

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:16 pm

kilmore cuckoo

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Updated
If someone could doublecheck since last spreadsheet uploaded it would be great.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:51 pm

That is 35 species so far this year.

species hunt!!

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:38 pm

Caught this tompot blenny today (10-4-07) at Ardglass.I even caught another one half an hour later :shock: and was promtly called rude names by Ronald :roll: but his disgust was short lived as he caught one just before we packed up :(

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:40 pm

got a goldshinny wrasse and a tompot blenny on a bit of a species hunt today at ardglass .I'll only post the wrasse at the moment as davy got his tompot first and i dont think he'd be to chuffed if i stole the points from him :lol: See shore reports for complete session report .

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:58 pm

davys lucky i'm honest or i could have had an extra 5 points :lol:

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:08 pm

I think adam s would be interested in these pics, if I remember correctly
jd

first mackerel

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:22 pm

the mackerel are in at dunlickey, co clare. Here is my first of the year yesterday on feather

black-mouthed dogfish for species hunt

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:12 am

I had this 1lb Black-mouthed dogfish on my first drop while fishing off the Antrim coast yesterday(13-4-07),it took a mack/squid cocktail 340 foot down.Chuffed to bits as i`ve never caught one before :D

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Got this black-mouthed dogfish on the antrim coast on a cracking day ,not alot of fish around but I was delighted to get a new species .BTW Davy got his first so 15 points to him :cry:

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:46 pm

thick lipped mullet caught on bread floated in Rusheen bay, Galway

[img:1600:1200]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1400/aimage107xo0.jpg[/img]