LOOKING FOR.........

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Im looking for photographs of Sunsets on the coast, with or without anglers in them, either will do. They are for a good friend of mine, a local painter who asked me to have a look for some, so if anyone on ere has a few snaps they would like to share, and if selected, i will post up the final product when painted for you to see.

All the best SQ....................

Re: LOOKING FOR.........

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:46 pm

is he just being miserable looking for a freebie, most artists pay photographers for prints they want to copy or at the very least a painting for themselves,Will he be selling the paintings for a profit into his own pocket? and if he is does he still want the photos for free

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

is he just being miserable looking for a freebie, most artists pay photographers for prints they want to copy or at the very least a painting for themselves,Will he be selling the paintings for a profit into his own pocket? and if he is does he still want the photos for free

Typical Irish mentailty to boil everything down to money and begrudging others. Let other people make up their own minds to send this person a few photos of the Irish Coast which is public domain anyways!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 pm

He might find some here they are very good quality and free to register www.cgtextures.com
hope this helps?

Tommy

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 pm

JAFFUSMAXIMUS wrote:

Typical Irish mentailty to boil everything down to money and begrudging others. Let other people make up their own minds to send this person a few photos of the Irish Coast which is public domain anyways!

Why should I who pays upward of a couple of grand for my camera gear give photos away for free
how the f*%k is this typical Irish mentality if I try and pay for my hobby
Photos might be in the public domain but copyrights are still attached.
I'm letting others make up there own mind and not stopping anyone giving away photographs,I'm just voicing my own personal opinion and as this in the public domain I think I can give my own opinion

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 pm

cathald wrote:
JAFFUSMAXIMUS wrote:

Why should I who pays upward of a couple of grand for my camera gear give photos away for free
how the f*%k is this typical Irish mentality if I try and pay for my hobby
Photos might be in the public domain but copyrights are still attached.
I'm letting others make up there own mind and not stopping anyone giving away photographs,I'm just voicing my own personal opinion and as this in the public domain I think I can give my own opinion

Well first off, i didnt expect that reaction from a simple post looking for a sunset picture, The person in question is a friend of mine and she knows im big into fishing and asked if i had any lying around, i did and i didnt, some werent suitable as my skills arent what u call great with a camera. I was simply just asking if any anglers had some lying around, whether or not it was taking with a 1000 Euro camera or a simple disposable one.. If u do have some and willing to share, it would be much appreciated, but if ur not, please dont post such things as, is he/she 2 miserable to pay for them, you dont know that person and to make such judgements is not on.. I didnt make this post to start agruments, so lets keep it friendly and PG, as we do have younger members on the site..

All the best SQ........

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Tommy B wrote:He might find some here they are very good quality and free to register http://www.cgtextures.com
hope this helps?

Tommy

Tanx very much for the reply tommy, Much appreciated, shall have a scout around that site!!

All the best SQ.......

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Some posts do not deserve a reply.

They ant great but they might get the imagination going
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:40 pm

as said above not great hope it helps :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Here's a pic I took back in 2009 in Wexford :

Angling Wexford May 2009.jpg

Don't know if that's what your looking for ?

I've a load more different ones if your stuck.

Danny.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm

I think this is what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:11 am

donal domeney wrote:Some posts do not deserve a reply.

They ant great but they might get the imagination going

Some lovely photo's DD, tanx very much for posting them up!

Danny M. wrote:Here's a pic I took back in 2009 in Wexford :

Angling Wexford May 2009.jpg

Don't know if that's what your looking for ?

I've a load more different ones if your stuck.

Danny.

Thinks that could be the one danny, great photo, and prob exactly what she is looking for, tanx m8!!

Determined Dan wrote:I think this is what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Tanx for the pic Dan, great shot, even got the dog in there for good measure :)

paul skelly wrote:as said above not great hope it helps :wink:

Tanx Paul, much appreciated!!

Much appreciated for the photo's,

All the best SQ..........

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 am

6719437001_5063560a18_z.jpg

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 am

Shambo wrote:
6719437001_5063560a18_z.jpg

Very nice shambo, lovely picture, tanx for that :)

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:24 pm

I have this one, took it during the Irish open in Wexford this year welcome to it, SirSquiglum

Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:20 am

Found a couple from around the West Clare area, Sorry for the quality of shots

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Martin Mc Gowan wrote:I have this one, took it during the Irish open in Wexford this year welcome to it, SirSquiglum

Nice one Martin, lovely picture!! ty for sharing!!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Conger wrote:Found a couple from around the West Clare area, Sorry for the quality of shots

Tanx Conger, all photos welcomed, much appreciated! ty, All the best SQ.....

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:54 pm

i have one of the sun rising in enneriley , the sun is coming up from the sea and the coast and rocks are in it also,,, i only saw this now, ill dig it out later tonight and mail it to ya

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Kilteery pier