Re: Strangford Lough at sunset!!!!!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:43 pm

barneybus wrote:Stunning shots! I'm jealous!

Cheers Barneybus 8)

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:27 pm

another shot from the lough....
this one is an HDR shot and the 1st time i`ve tried HDR!!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:30 am

Good shot Davy. 8)

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:05 pm

cheers mate 8)
the foregrounds a bit dark,i`ll see if i can sort it out!!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 pm

very nice ,and clever too . 8)

Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:10 pm

willie bendit wrote:very nice ,and clever too . 8)

cheers willie 8)
not that clever, the programme does all the hard work... i just took the 3 photos :wink:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 pm

One from 2day...
taken at Ards floodgates!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Wow you have a great talent there super pictures, i wouldent be a camera man myself but id have a apreciation for pictures like those :wink:.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Lovely shot Davy. Well done. 8)

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:02 am

Trojan wrote:Wow you have a great talent there super pictures, i wouldent be a camera man myself but id have a apreciation for pictures like those :wink:.

cheers trojan 8)

Jonny wrote:Lovely shot Davy. Well done. 8)

cheers jonny 8)
thats the 1st photo i`ve taken in a couple of weeks :? need to get out more!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 am

I, it's a fortnight since I've been out myself but hope to get out for an hour or so later today.

As for your floodgates shot. I've spent a good bit of time down there this year but havn't managed to get anything usable. :oops:

Here is one I took a while back from down there. Everything looked perfect but just couldn't get the result I wanted. :cry:

scrabosml.jpg

Or

DSC_1858_sml.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 am

Great pic Jonny, but is someone in the tower sending a signal to batman? :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:33 am

:lol: It's just the shadow cast by the setting sun, but it looked much better on the night. :(

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:44 am

Jonny there`s some interesting spots just round the corner from the 2nd photo...
I`ve been waiting for a high tide that is at the same time as sunrise,but i`ll have to wait 'til the xmas hols :?
The wee fences lead down to channels that fill at high tide and would also look good with your HDR style :idea:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 am

Great photos Davy, what is it about Strangford, one of the best sunsets I ever saw was near Killinchey in Jan 06. Must try to dig out the photo. A lot of cars stopped to take photos.

Isnt it Killinchey near the SE corner of the lough, before you bet as far as Portaferry?

EDIT... EEL GRASS AT SUNSET IS MAGIC.

!!! KIRCUBBIN, not Killinchey.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 pm

cathalger wrote:Great photos Davy, what is it about Strangford, one of the best sunsets I ever saw was near Killinchey in Jan 06. Must try to dig out the photo. A lot of cars stopped to take photos.

Isnt it Killinchey near the SE corner of the lough, before you bet as far as Portaferry?

EDIT... EEL GRASS AT SUNSET IS MAGIC.

!!! KIRCUBBIN, not Killinchey.

cheers cathalger 8)
Strangfords a nice spot alright!!!
Kircubbin`s about halfway down the eastern shore towards Portaferry.The western shore is the nicest part of the lough,for me anyway.....
Lots of islands down that side 8)

look forward to seeing that photo...

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 am

cheers cathalger 8)
Strangfords a nice spot alright!!!
Kircubbin`s about halfway down the eastern shore towards Portaferry.The western shore is the nicest part of the lough,for me anyway.....
Lots of islands down that side 8)

look forward to seeing that photo...[/quote]

Davy I think I might still have that shot on an external hard drive, if I didnt delete it on a ruthless tidy up which I am sometimes guilty of --but always regret later.........

Will have a look...

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Pic taken at Ards floodgates is excellent :!:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 am

Davy I had a look on that hard drive and I'm afraid so far no joy. Theres a chance its on an old pc at my ma's house. Hope I can find it after all this talk!!!! Lol.

Later.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 am

blackwater1 wrote:Pic taken at Ards floodgates is excellent :!:

cheers blackwater1 8)

cathalger wrote:Davy I had a look on that hard drive and I'm afraid so far no joy. Theres a chance its on an old pc at my ma's house. Hope I can find it after all this talk!!!! Lol.

Later.

you`ll just have to get out there and take some more sunset shots :wink:
feel free to add any on this post,would like to see more!!! cant beat a great sunset or sunrise.... 8)