new camera

Forum to discuss the use of cameras and photographic techniques when you record your catch.

Moderators: JimC, MAC

new camera

Postby ronnie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:00 pm

got new olympus 1030 sw today just wondering does anyone have one. and what they think of it
ronnie
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 7 times

Re: new camera

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:48 pm

I have the older 790sw and love it, I got it because I was looking for a tough little waterproof camera that I could bring with me fishing and not worry about it getting wet or whatever. I've had no problems with it and have even brought it snorkeling and it still works perfectly. However whilst its a waterproof camera and one that you'd bring places you wouldn't take a standard camera, you do sacrifice some of the features and functionality that you would perhaps find on a similarly priced non waterproof camera but tbh that didn't really bother me. The one gripe I do have with mine is with the screen and I'm not sure if its the same with the 1030sw, on the 790sw it scratches very very easily and can be difficult to see in bright light conditions.
Dave
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby ronnie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:47 pm

dave the 1030 has a hyper cristal LCD. is that the same as the 790?
ronnie
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 pm

:? I don't know, the one on mine is glossy has got a little scuffed despite the fact that I keep it in a case all the time. It's not that bad at all and doesn't affect the camera in anyway its just a little annoying because I'm very careful with it. In hindsight I should have got one of those invisible shields for the screen when I got it, if the 1030 has a similar screen it might be worth picking one for yours.
Dave
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Cameras and Photography