I love 12mm

Forum to discuss the use of cameras and photographic techniques when you record your catch.

Moderators: JimC, MAC

I love 12mm

Postby MAC » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Just a quick pic from my trip to the Corrib during Mayfly. I had been looking for a WIDE angle lens for some time. I liked the 18mm perspective on my 18-135mmm, but I just wanted that bit wider without paying the €1200 for the Nikon 12-24mm lens.

After quite a bit of research, I decided on the Tokina 12-24mm Lens. Not as good as the Nikon, but very close. So close, there is really no need to shell out the extra €800 for the Nikon. :shock:

This pic was taken @12mm from the rear of a 19 foot open boat on the Corrib. I was about 4-5 foot away from the first person. I used a Circular Polariser filter.

Kev
Attachments
DSC_1013sm.JPG
DSC_1013sm.JPG (174.95 KiB) Viewed 371 times
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby Bradan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 pm

That's supposed to be a very good lens Kev, you'll get some nice shots with it. I got the Sigma 10-20 a while back and its hardly off the camera now... the wide angle is great!
ps did you get any fish? Mayfly was pretty cr@p this year...
Its called fishing, not catching. If it was called catching it wouldn't be fishing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradan99
Bradan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 130 times

Postby MAC » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey Kev,

I have to say the lens is a cracker... I'll dig out a couple of landscape attempts and post later.

The Mayfly fishing was shite again this year. 3 Guys for 19 Angling days for 7 fish. :evil: At Least I managed 4 of these. Enough to drive you around the bend. After 4 very bad years in a row, I think I have just made my last Mayfly trip to the Corrib. :cry: ....... For the time being at least. The big problem is I don't think any of the lakes fished well for the mayfly this year, so I'm not sure what to do next year. Might just save the cash and Go Shark Fishing in SA.

Kevin
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Return to Cameras and Photography