show us yours

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:04 pm

Somewhere for people to stick up a photo for constructive tips on how to make it better . :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:51 am

some of mine, dont have a tripod for the camera, but then again my wee camera isnt great
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bean bag

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:31 am

If you don't have or want to use a tripod buy yourself a small bean bag. Use it from the car or rocks, and it does the trick.

As for the otter, reckon it was at long distance (?) so very difficult to assess how you might improve on it Ronald. I can get within 20 metres of them in one spot north of westport in amongst the islands, have a new 6 meg pix camera and HD camcorder so will be trying it soon!

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 am

with the otter photo there is a slight bit of motion blur.. as kieran said a tripod will help, but also if you can increase the shutter speed it will make the photo sharper.

as for the top pic MC try forcing the flash.. this is handy if the background is more lit up than the subject in the foreground..

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:37 am

the otter was about 50metres away and i was trying to keep the 2 dogs beside me , I never thought about a faster shutter speed , it would have been handy for the follow up chase scene when lucy(jack russell type) broke free and gave chase leaving the otter to dump his dinner of ballan wrasse and just make the water .

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:05 am

Setting the mode to Sport would probably have worked and depending on the continuous shooting capabilities of your camera you might have got the follow on action too. Easy to say but hard to do on the fly. :?

Re: bean bag

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:44 pm

kieran wrote:If you don't have or want to use a tripod buy yourself a small bean bag. Use it from the car or rocks, and it does the trick.

top tip thanks

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 pm

hi ronald, any idea what the otter had in its mouth?

Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi Art the otter was about to munch a ballan wrasse of about a pound ,it dropped it when the dog gave chase :evil: I was hoping to get a few more shots

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:37 pm

How do I cut down on the glare when taking pictures towards the sun ?

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Depending on your lense you can buy polaroid filters but sometimes if you have a point and shoot camera something as simple as shading the lense out of picture with a hand will be enough. On a couple of pictures I took during the summer I used my sunglasses as a make-shift filter holding them in front of the lense while shooting the pic. Not ideal but it worked.