Welcome.....

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:02 pm

Welcome to the latest forum on SAI. Right, whilst we may not all have kids, I'm sure we all have nephews and nieces that might enjoy a day on the beach. Granted a certain amount of bribery may have to take place in their first few sessions, sweets, burgers on the way home, whatever but so be it.... Get them kids on a beach and give them a rod, they may have the attention span of a gnat but its amazing how that changes when you hand them a rod with something tugging at the end..... :D

The future of our sport rests with our kids and this is but a very small first step. For those without kids, how about putting up a picture or two of yourself with one of your first fish. At the very least, we can laugh at the guaranteed dodgy haircuts and clothes :D .

Cast your mind back and remember the thrill of your first fish, and the feeling with each subsequent fish...... Lets share that with our kids.

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:11 pm

my youngest girl loves fishing but only in the good weather its to cold at the moment for her. She is only 8 but on one trip to arklow this aumtum
she gone 4 flounder and 1 small smoothy. Great craic watching her reel in the fish. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proud father :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:15 pm

good idea pete

and definitely would be good to see some earlier pics :lol:

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:24 pm

Ill have a look. Im sure I have one of me with my first salmon, difficult to know which was me and which was the rod I was that thin..... :D

Colin, I reckon shes Daddys Girl...?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:40 pm

Excellent Idea Folks... My Nephews are fishing mad... I'll get a few pics, ASAP! 8)

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:43 pm

i should have a couple of pic of my kid brother he love his fishing

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:40 pm

Here are some of my nephew Conor....

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... ser_id=863

Jude

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:21 am

Thats the stuff Jude, now what about a few of yourself c 1986 or so.... :D

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:34 am

petekd wrote:Thats the stuff Jude, now what about a few of yourself c 1986 or so.... :D

Ahhh..... 1986 - I had some hair back then....

No photos available of my early days - sorry Pete....

Jude

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:41 am

Thats what they all say.... :D

Good Plan

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:24 pm

Nice idea Pete!