Rossaveel

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

Was wondering if anyone could help as Im heading to Rossaveel on saturday and getting a few rag, squid and mackerel baits and need a few pointers for a relatively easy access rock or beach fishing spot. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Rossaveel

Wed May 08, 2024 10:57 am

How did you get on?
I might have sent you down to the beacon in carraroe the other side or to baile na habhan old pier to the south of rossaveal. the trawler harbour can be good for the minis too

Wed May 08, 2024 12:22 pm

We went across ro have a look at Sruthan slip as well so we carried on out that piece of coastline and found a small beach with rocks either side. We only got dogs and a few wrasse. We moved on way home to Spiddal pier and with real light gear we float fished and got lots of mini wrasse, pollack,pouting etc but great fun. The real aim was to look at slips in the area cos we never caught a porbeagle and people tell me they heard of a few being caught there so all I have to do now is try and find out more as to where , how and when these come around the area.

Sat May 11, 2024 12:57 pm

was that the beach with the graveyard to the south, can be very rough ground there? fair play on getting something.
boat fishing not my game but best of luck finding the porgie

Sun May 12, 2024 9:51 am

Yeah that was the beach alright. It was a bit challenging but interesting at the same time. Hopefully when closer to the time for porgies I will get a few pointers on the boating forum here. Good luck with the season.