Flashmer bait pump

Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi All

Came across these in Southside Angling Friday afternoon.

Are they worth the money???

Cheers Brian

Re: Flashmer bait pump

Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:50 am

I have never seen people using a bait pump effectively here. Blow Lug seem to get broken and Black lug don't seem to be around as much as in the UK. I think a good fork is a better investment.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:44 pm

If you press on with this let me know how you get on! I’m trying to source an Alvey 32mm but can’t be got here I don’t think

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Cheers for some of replies lads.

Just trying to get the knowledge of these and best makes... Wondering if I sh inould start off with a larger bore to get the knack of it

The lads in the UK on the videos make it look so easy

Brian

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:15 pm

saving private brian wrote:Cheers for some of replies lads.

Just trying to gain some knowledge of these and best makes etc... Wondering if I should start off with a larger bore to get the knack of it

Brian

Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:26 pm

saving private brian wrote:Cheers for some of replies lads.

Just trying to get the knowledge of these and best makes... Wondering if I sh inould start off with a larger bore to get the knack of it

Brian

Everything on youtube looks easy!!!-------Im about to start a project of turning my ride-on-mower into a Ferrari---looks easy on the video!

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:14 am

JimC wrote:I have never seen people using a bait pump effectively here. Blow Lug seem to get broken and Black lug don't seem to be around as much as in the UK. I think a good fork is a better investment.

I tried a bait pump years ago and concur completely with this assessment. It does still get used, for sucking out the gunge that clogs our downspout gulleys!

Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:00 am

Have to say lads I made two out of copper pipe ad brass fittings and they work...I think it's best on shallow muddy beaches north of Dublin...sand is to coarse on the west

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:13 pm

they can be great when used the right way, but it takes a good while to learn how to use them, i use one in north dublin for blow lug and would not go back to a fork