Kerry Camping

Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for info on camping in Kerry, planning to take a trip down next month for a weekend of camping and fishing on the beach, I'll be travelling by public transport and the only beach I can find that has any kind of regular bus service nearby is camp/derrymore beach, does anybody know if this is a good place to fish for bass? if not then would anybody recommend a spot that has decent fishing, is ok for camping and is easy to get to by bus from Tralee?

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Kerry Camping

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:16 am

Hi Gonzo, I fished this beach last year. I think you need to get right up to Derrymore Island which is a long walk. When i was there i had paddle boarders and kayaks up and down in front of me. Looks like you could camp there with no facilities. When i was there Tralee was busy. The beaches i looked at were packed in the day time. So i think night fishing would be best.The guy in the Angling hub may be able to advise you on marks and getting around, hes a sound chap sorry i cant remember his name. I was there for two days with the wife so was fishing day time only which didnt produce anything. Beautiful place though.