Inishkea islands

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Inishkea islands

Postby saving private brian » Sun May 22, 2022 4:09 pm

Reading a book at the minute from Brian Doran on the inishkea islands which is proving to be very interesting

Curious to know if anyone has ever fished them?

I believe you can get a day pass offered by Geraghty Charters from blacksod.

Cheers
Brian
saving private brian
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 180 times

Re: Inishkea islands

Postby hugo » Mon May 23, 2022 8:38 am

Visited there a couple of times on hikes round the south island. Didnt take a rod or see anyone else fishing, but saw likely marks everywhere, especially the very narrow channel between the north and south islands that looks like it might hold some monsters. Its a few years since my last trip, I hear the ferry has become pretty busy with day trippers and groups of kayakers. A few days camping and prospecting might be be the best plan, there's a small deserted village at the harbour, but I'm not sure if any houses are rentable. There's no power or piped water out there.
A PM to Kieran might get you more info, he lives out that way.
hugo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 183 times

Re: Inishkea islands

Postby ESC+RC » Mon May 23, 2022 5:38 pm

Had a look on Google maps and the place screams Pollock and Wrasse.Although to be fair most islands on the west coast look the same.If I’m ever down that neck of the woods would definitely be giving it a go.
ESC+RC
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 59 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum