Boat launch wexford harbour

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi can I launch at wexford harbour as in public slips Tried calling harbour office but just getting voice recorder Are there fees and can you launch at all stages of tide. Thank for any help.
Keem

Re: Boat launch wexford harbour

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Not my area.
I'd say if you cannot get anybody, avoid two hours either side of low and work away.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:18 pm

I have heard its 25€ to launch at slip at wexforf. Is this correct? Seems expensive if you are down for couple of days

Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:24 pm

I know it is 25 euro for Kilmore quay and I think 100 for the year but if no harbour master is there there is no facility to pay so I dont think they enforce it too much. I went out one day and didnt see him till I came in and he told me I was alright and to go ahead(nice guy).

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 am

I believe that Wexford harbor has a electronic barrier. If you pay the fee you will receive the code and a sticker for you car, so you can place it on the dash when fishing. I've never used Wexford, but use Kilmore. The harbor Master in Kilmore looks after both. It's €100 per year or €25 per day. If you going to use is a lot the yearly fee is the way to go. As mentioned, sometimes you'll get away with it, but if there is a electronic barrier, you'll not be able to gain access.

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:08 pm

As Mack said above ,25 euro per day or 100euro for the year ,best to phone the Kilmore Quay Harbor master ,you can pay over the phone and they will send out two stickers for the year dated ,but its from January to January ,one for boat and one for car ,you also get no for electronic barrier ,experience needed for launching in Wexford town as it can be tricky ,steep slip and if the tide is running strong definitely a two man job ,plus not to put a damper on it the fishing there is brutal..eddie