Is fishing exercise?

Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:42 pm

I fully respect and acknowledge the issues behind the "stay at home" campaign - but I fail to see the difference between a walk and an hour's fishing where its only a couple of miles away.

My mental health could do with wetting a line !!

Re: Is fishing exercise?

Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:31 pm

Not the way I do it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:18 am

Is fishing not allowed under the regulations? My favourite spots are both about a 15 minute cross-country hike from the car, not a lot, but hauling a hefty tackle box they feel like full gym workout. Maybe that's just my age.... but I'd definitely argue the case if I got stopped by the guards.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:49 pm

hugo wrote:Is fishing not allowed under the regulations? My favourite spots are both about a 15 minute cross-country hike from the car, not a lot, but hauling a hefty tackle box they feel like full gym workout. Maybe that's just my age.... but I'd definitely argue the case if I got stopped by the guards.

If you are polite and you aren't fishing in really busy places then most gards will be sound about it, and if they do have a problem with it they'll just tell you to go home, and if you don't do that then you have a problem :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Well, I'm up in North Mayo, so gards on the road are about as common round here as gilthead bream....

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 pm

https://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Notices ... ement.html

the impression i get is that it is ok within the 5k limit. i would state that to anyone saying otherwise but if the guards move you on as Hugo says probably best to just get going.