Dublin Bass Marks

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Dublin Bass Marks

Postby Huza91 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 am

Hi All,

I've always fished for mackerel by either spinning or floating around Howth/Skerries/Poolbeg however I've decided to move up the ladder and aim for bass by using lures.

I recently purchased a Ron Thompson bass spinning rod and an x-ray 3000 reel with 20lb braid. I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest some bass marks around Dublin/Meath please?

Thanks for your help
Huza91
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Dublin Bass Marks

Postby mickser » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi Huza91 The mouth of any estuary would be a good starting point just get the tides right to give you the longest fishing time at the venue you are fishing here are a few I fish Malahide/Baldoyle/Tolka "clontarf" I would normally fish from the hour or two before low water and then fish it right up to an hour or two after the high tide mark.Hope this helps
mickser
I have not fished in two years hoping to change that this year with anything ?
mickser
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 175 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Dublin Bass Marks

Postby ste c » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Nobody will give away there bass marks in dublin its very hush hush its just a case of having a ramble on low water and having a good look around an trying them
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum