Bantry Bay / Glengarriff Bay

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 pm

When: 26/09/2020
Where: Launching from Glenfariff Pier
Who: Bantry Bay Harbour Charters took myself and three buddies and two tag alongs on a tour of the harbour plus fishing! Out into Bantry Bay and fished area just beyond Whiddy Island, inside the bay.
Duration: 13:30-17:00ish
High Water: 12:46
Equipment: Didnt pay too much attention but standard enough, as was onboard!
Bait/Rig: feathers/baited sabikis with mackerel
Conditions: Novice at describing these but very sunny, clear skies, bit of a drift on, little enough wind
My Result: A rake of joeys, only a handful of mackerel brought home to table.
Buddies results: Two decent sized Pollock, a small scad, a tubgrey gurnard probabaly no bigger than my hand and a rake of mackerel.

Overall catch brought home: about 10 decent mackerel and the 1 pollock. Big shoutout to Darren, our skipper on "The Deep Star" from Bantry Bay Charters who even did a small cookup while we fished! They also accomodated us on very short notice as our changing schedules dicatated a last minute change from Courtmacsherry to Bantry Bay. Spotted two Minke Whales feeding up fairly close (close being maybe 40m?), apparently it was rare to get so close. No photos this time unfortunately.

Re: Bantry Bay / Glengarriff Bay

Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:56 am

Sounds like you had a good time! Always nice to have something to bring home for the table :D Thanks for the report!