Saleens

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Was talking to a lad who was down that way and he said the bass and seatrout were all over the place.

I'm looking for a spot to try a bit of bass fly fishing, anyone any suggestions on this place?

I hear low tide is best, is it a dodgy spot to be wading etc? Any tips appreciated

Re: Saleens

Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi Ardfinn, I fishing the Saleens with bait on friday 14th during the day fishing from low tide at 8.30am to 2 hrs after high tide. The water was crystal clear and only saw big mullet everywhere. I tried several spots all the way from the seaward point back to the carpark. Unfortunetly lots of people letting their dogs run riot, people swimming, even a topless woman swimming 50 meters to my right. There were a good few guys with lures walking along the beach but none encountered any bass. I finally gave up when four cars drove right up along ther beach and parked at the narrowest point on the beach and eight adults and eight screaming kids got out to do some paddling and throw stones. I headed back to the carppark and their were several people swimming to the right of the carpark and that was my last hope dashed so off home i went. Beautiful place so maybe in the winter at night time will be better.