1 up 1 down rig

Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 am

Hi there,

Looking for a bit of advice on a 1 up 1 down rig. Where I fish requires a bit of casting so I'm looking to buy / make a 1 up 1 down rig with hook/bait clips. Was searching online and can't seem to find any with clips (maybe looking in the wrong areas). Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

Re: 1 up 1 down rig

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 am

You're talking about a loop rig. You'll want to use a spring for the top snood and a Breakaway cascade swivel above the hook on your bottom snood. I use Imps for the bait clip then, and just make sure when you build the rig that the spring is under compression when you're clipped together.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi Dave F. Thanks for that much appreciated.

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 pm

This is an illustration of it. For casting purposes, the shorter the distance between the bottom hook and the cascade swivel, the tighter the two baits are behind the lead. I think mine are about three to four inches, just the length of the baits I tend to use on them. You can also use a long bottom snood and a shorter top one to keep the whole thing compact. I tie one for a lot of my winter fishing with a 2/0 or 3/0 pennel rig on a three foot snood at the bottom for presenting a big worm bait away from the lead and then an eighteen inch top snood with a single 2/0 and a small crab bait. Good way to see what bait is fishing well and picks up good flounder in estuaries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.