Fenit Pier

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Fenit Pier

Postby Teegerstk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Hey all,
We're supposedly going on a staycation in August to Tralee for a few nights (doesn't compare to the Canary Islands but I'll take what I can get this year) and it seems like the nearest, handiest mark would be Fenit Pier. After a quick search on the forum it seems to possible produce a ray apart from the usual species? That has been my target all summer but I've had no success yet. What else could I potentially catch and would it be even worth trying for what will most likely be one day session?
Pm if you prefer,
thanks in advance
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Re: Fenit Pier

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Ray at the peir are hard caught and a drop net is a must. A few strap eels would be a better target there if you fishing on the bottom.

Pop into the angling hub for some fresh bait and I'm sure he will set you in the right direction.
Catch, release, reminisce & repeat

2020:Bass, Sea Trout, Pollock, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Dab, Conger, and the elusive LSD.

For this message the author Go Big or Go Home has received thanks:
Teegerstk (Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm)
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 65 times

Postby Teegerstk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Go Big or Go Home wrote:Ray at the peir are hard caught and a drop net is a must. A few strap eels would be a better target there if you fishing on the bottom.

Pop into the angling hub for some fresh bait and I'm sure he will set you in the right direction.

Thanks GBGH, and cheers for the pms i got from you and others- very helpful, you lot on here are a great bunch :wink:
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:31 pm

I now stand corrected,it looks like plenty of ray have been taken at the peir in the last 2 weeks.tight lines
Catch, release, reminisce & repeat

2020:Bass, Sea Trout, Pollock, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Dab, Conger, and the elusive LSD.
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 65 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum