Is it to early for East coast Tope

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:11 pm

20k on Monday is going to get me out on the water from Graystones or Wickow next week, is it to early for Tope sea temp is 11 degrees at the moment. It will be my first season trying for them I know fresh bait is sometimes an issue out of Graystones.

Thanks

Matt

Re: Is it to early for East coast Tope

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Guess i'll just have to find out my self. Hopefully will get out next week after the wind has dropped.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:38 am

Hi Matt, I havent any experience of cathching Tope but i could suggest having a read of all the information, reports around tope fishing on here. Lots of discussions around rigs and tackle set up etc. You may get some info from these. Also the catch reports and marks around Ireland has info there. I think i have read they can be caught most of the year round along the beach on th east coast. Tides and weather conditions are another factor also. Having the proper tackle set up is very important to land the fish, maybe join a club. Fish some marks and get some local knowledge. It may take a while to find that Tope but its always a great challenge to get out and try and enjoy doing it.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:43 am

I've had Tope from Cahore in mid April, but I've less experience of North Wicklow. I would be surprised if there aren't a few knocking around, might try myself on Sunday.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Reports of good tope fishing off Greystones and Wicklow this week.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:10 pm

And Co Louth

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:04 pm

Thanks Lads , hopefully out tomorrow so will report back.