Quicksands

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Quicksands

Postby Arthur42Dent » Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am

Hi lads,
Just wanted to share my hilarious struggles with the mud banks of Rogerstown estuary. I went there for the first time yesterday and inexperienced as I am I ended up with mud up to my ears. Whoever was watching from afar must have had a good laugh, dont make my same mistake!
Arthur42Dent
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 3 times

Re: Quicksands

Postby Gonzo » Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Arthur42Dent wrote:Hi lads,
Just wanted to share my hilarious struggles with the mud banks of Rogerstown estuary. I went there for the first time yesterday and inexperienced as I am I ended up with mud up to my ears. Whoever was watching from afar must have had a good laugh, dont make my same mistake!

lol I was there yesterday, were you wearing an orange high vis?
2023 shore species: (0)
2023 hours fishing on shore: 0
Gonzo Fishing Ireland

For this message the author Gonzo has received thanks:
Arthur42Dent (Tue May 26, 2020 3:41 pm)
Gonzo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 413 times

Postby Arthur42Dent » Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Arthur42Dent wrote:Hi lads,

lol I was there yesterday, were you wearing an orange high vis?

No, I had just finished my night shift and decided to stop on my way home so I was in normal clothes.
I’m not familiar with the area so I ended up inland in the middle of the mudbanks instead of heading for the sea. I’ve had a good laugh thinking about it after having a long shower.

I met few people collecting bait (I think) but no fishermen!
Last edited by Arthur42Dent on Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur42Dent
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby mickser » Tue May 26, 2020 3:49 pm

There are other spots as dangerous closer to dublin than you think like The inner side of Baldoyle estuary/ Cockle lake in sandy-mount and the mouth of the Tolka river where it enters into clontarf where the old shipwreck lies is deadly
mickser
I have not fished in two years hoping to change that this year with anything ?
mickser
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 175 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum