Quicksands

Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am

Hi lads,
Just wanted to share my hilarious struggles with the mud banks of Rogerstown estuary. I went there for the first time yesterday and inexperienced as I am I ended up with mud up to my ears. Whoever was watching from afar must have had a good laugh, dont make my same mistake!

Re: Quicksands

Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Arthur42Dent wrote:Hi lads,
Just wanted to share my hilarious struggles with the mud banks of Rogerstown estuary. I went there for the first time yesterday and inexperienced as I am I ended up with mud up to my ears. Whoever was watching from afar must have had a good laugh, dont make my same mistake!

lol I was there yesterday, were you wearing an orange high vis?

Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Arthur42Dent wrote:Hi lads,

lol I was there yesterday, were you wearing an orange high vis?

No, I had just finished my night shift and decided to stop on my way home so I was in normal clothes.
I’m not familiar with the area so I ended up inland in the middle of the mudbanks instead of heading for the sea. I’ve had a good laugh thinking about it after having a long shower.

I met few people collecting bait (I think) but no fishermen!
Last edited by Arthur42Dent on Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 26, 2020 3:49 pm

There are other spots as dangerous closer to dublin than you think like The inner side of Baldoyle estuary/ Cockle lake in sandy-mount and the mouth of the Tolka river where it enters into clontarf where the old shipwreck lies is deadly
mickser