Akios hellrazor

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Akios hellrazor

Postby nareik1 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Anybody on here use one of these? How capable are they of dealing with decent size ray over mixed ground. Any other suggestions of a decent rod under €250 (fixed spool)
Thanks in advance.
nareik1
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Akios hellrazor

Postby Thompst111 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:30 am

I have one. I love it, great recovery on it great for casting feels great in your hand.. as big fish go the biggest was a 12lb smoothie and that was not problem at all for it. But if you willing to spend 250 I know akios have better rods out there in that price range.
Thompst111
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby Chris T » Sun May 24, 2020 6:07 pm

I have a Vercelli ucello oxygen it’s a few years old and still available online. Lovely soft tip and a decent bit of grunt for fishing over rough ground. About €120 I think but best rod I’ve used without doubt!
Chris T
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 33 times

Postby woskull » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Not sure about the Hellrazor, bought Akios Endurance pro2 twin tip about a week ago. Cost me 270 eur. Very nice neat rod aesthetically. Please note this is only my second rod, so not much to compare to (Yuki Zyinc-x is the first one). Fished only once so far. Much stiffer than my Yuki, even with light hybrid tip, feels very very strong rod. Hit lots of dogfish and smoothies while aiming for bass, big lumps of weed later with tide coming in, no problem with all that. Haven't even tried the tubular tip. Bite detection is yet to be tested, didn't catch anything small that time, dogfish and smoothhounds always gonna show and it did wery well. So overall first impression somewhere between quite impressed, but was expecting something more bendy if that makes sense :) but with conditions we have, possibly all I ever need. No bass that night btw.
woskull
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum