poolbeg

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

poolbeg

Postby jimcars » Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Is there actually any fish down there ?

I work everyday until late afternoon and always have the rod in the car so this the quickest place i can get to traffic /time wise .

I have fished both sides liffey and opposite side (half moon club all the way up and down with various baits /lures and feathers(lost a few bits :D ) rig 2 hook flappers

Try to avoid the lighthouse too crowded with international anglers :lol: and gen public/walkers and their predictive ,catch anything ? what would ye catch here ? Very little says I..

Not looking for any redhot information just motivation , recommendations tips to keep me going ...

Thanks Jim
jimcars
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: poolbeg

Postby eddyfletch » Fri May 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Smoothies can be got off there in plenty supply also there's a mark for bass on it too
Species 2017 Shore caught Dog Fish Codling Flounder Strap Conger 3 bearded rocky Conger Dab Scorpion fish (22cm) Pollack Thornback Ray Tub Gurnard Sea Bass Smoothhound coalie

For this message the author eddyfletch has received thanks:
jimcars (Mon May 25, 2020 12:16 pm)
eddyfletch
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 31 times

Postby Dave F » Fri May 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Have had bass and smoothies. Can't wait until freedom of movement to get back for a crack at the hounds.
Dave F
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 87 times

Postby Deleted User 3488 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm

Fish the half moon seaward side, peeler crab on a pulley rig should land ya a few smoothies.
Don't take your eye off the rod, a good smoothie will take rod and all into the drink..

Best of luck

Deleted User 3488

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum