River Lee Marina

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

River Lee Marina

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Other than mullet, is there any other resident fish here like a dogfish or small flat. I always assumed from lough Mahon up it was just a mullet area so hopefully I am wrong.

Must do taxi to the hospital next week so may aswell wet a line while I wait for a few hours.

PM me if you prefer.
Catch, release, reminisce & repeat

2020:Bass, Sea Trout, Pollock, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Dab, Conger, and the elusive LSD.
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 65 times

Re: River Lee Marina

Postby timohcork » Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm

I had high hopes after reading attachment B2 of the Port of Cork dredging surveys https://www.portofcork.ie/index.cfm/pag ... pplication
In the last month fished at the steps by the Shandon Boat Club as the main drag was very busy. 5 rods on a dropping spring for 3 hours mix of #1 to #8 hooks fished with frozen mackerel some with float beads some without. My son tried jigging #16 sabikis along the wall and an LRF soft plastic. Despite pulling a kelp frond from the middle of the channel, crabs, weed, blank.
Went back for 3 hours on a flooding tide, 3 rods, same rigs and bait fished at different distances. Put the rods out, baited 3 new rigs, wound in and changed rigs, repeat. Went through 3.5 Mack's in 3 hours. 1 dog and 1 sock.
timohcork
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 22 times

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 pm

My gut would say crab or worm be best there. But at least you got a dog. I'd be happy with that.
Catch, release, reminisce & repeat

2020:Bass, Sea Trout, Pollock, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Dab, Conger, and the elusive LSD.
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 65 times

Postby Rod Tips » Sun May 24, 2020 10:41 pm

At least you got a sock!!!
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Postby timohcork » Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm

I got the sock before the dog!