Orkney 520 Outboard Service

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

Orkney 520 Outboard Service

Postby hush1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:48 pm

A few questions that people might help with:

1) With OB marine closed where would people recommend to have a 25 yamaha serviced close to Blanchardstown?

2) I have a 6 hp long shaft Tohatsu which I mount on the back transom beside the main engine rather than having an auxillary bracket put in place. This system does have problems as the width of the auxillary engine does not allow full turning radius off the main engine---the auxillary engine is 2 inch to wide!--is there any problems with this in peoples opinions? I am trying to move to a smaller back up engine eg 4 hp as the 6 hp is on the heavy side and will also allow for the main engine to turn fully?

All opinions welcome.

Regards in advance
hush1
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 19 times

Re: Orkney 520 Outboard Service

Postby JimC » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:09 pm

I think Mike Clinton Of Clinton Marine services has more or less retired from that side of the business.
I hear good things about Viking Marine. I think Leighon is the man in Service.

As for the aux question. I don't run with an aux myself but I would think I would not like anything to compromise the main motor.
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Re: Orkney 520 Outboard Service

Postby Rob Millard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:53 pm

I use Leighton in Viking Marine Kilcoole, can't say enough good things about him.
Species 2019: Common Skate, Pollack, Whiting, Coalfish, Cod, Cuckoo Wrasse, Bull Huss, Lsd, Porbeagle Shark, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Thornback Ray, Plaice, Turbot, Ballan Wrasse, Dab, Smoothound, herring, haddock, Blonde Ray, Tope, bass

Species 2018 : Porbeagle Shark, Spurdog, Lsd, Coalfish, Pollack, Ling, Mackerel, Haddock, Red Gurnard, Turbot, Dab, Thornback ray, Homelyn Ray, John Dory, Pouting, Ballan Wrasse, Smoothound, Tope, Bass, Bull Huss, Weaver, Painted Ray, Bluefin Tuna

Species 2017 : Cod, Coalfish, Whiting, Poor Cod, Pollack, Bull Huss, Ling, Pouting, Bass, Flounder, Painted Ray, Lsd, Tope, Ballan Wrasse, Mackerel, Herring, Launce, Haddock, Thornback Ray, Conger, Plaice, Turbot, Grey Gurnard, Red Gurnard, Cuckoo Ray, Tub Gurnard, Dab, Smoothound, black goby, Scad, Cuckoo Wrasse, Megrim

Species 2016 : (32)

Species 2015 : (30)

Species 2014 : (29)

Species 2013 : (34)
Rob Millard
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 223 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum