Ballycrenane/ballinwilling beach

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Ballycrenane/ballinwilling beach

Postby patmac736 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi all
Just wondering has anyone fished ballycrenane ballinwilling lately I am going to head down there during the week for a few hours.
Any advice would be appreciated (Baits.rigs.tides.etc)
Thanks in advance
Pat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
patmac736
SAI Lug Worm
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time

Advertisement

Entries now open for the All Ireland Shore Cod Championships on November 23rd hosted by Sea Angling Ireland SAC

Re: Ballycrenane/ballinwilling beach

Postby donal domeney » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:08 am

patmac736 wrote:Hi all
Just wondering has anyone fished ballycrenane ballinwilling lately I am going to head down there during the week for a few hours.
Any advice would be appreciated (Baits.rigs.tides.etc)
Thanks in advance
Pat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk



Both beaches are best fished from dusk into darkness. I haven't fished Ballycrennane for a while so I would not be sure on how it is fishing .
Have a look at it in daylight as it is prone to getting badly covered in weed.
I've always found fishing here best either side of low water on the slacker tides

Had 6 sessions in Ballywilling in Oct plenty of cod, dogs and coalfish most of the sessions were over high water fishing at the end of the slip.
Other species included painted ray, flounder, strap conger, bass, bullhuss,
The baits I was using were crab, lug and the odd mackerel.
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder

For this message the author donal domeney has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:45 pm), patmac736 (Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:46 pm)
User avatar
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace
 
Posts: 4640
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:13 pm
Location: cork
Has thanked: 591 times
Have thanks: 1080 times

Re: Ballycrenane/ballinwilling beach

Postby patmac736 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:50 pm

donal domeney wrote:
patmac736 wrote:Hi all
Just wondering has anyone fished ballycrenane ballinwilling lately I am going to head down there during the week for a few hours.
Any advice would be appreciated (Baits.rigs.tides.etc)
Thanks in advance
Pat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk



Both beaches are best fished from dusk into darkness. I haven't fished Ballycrennane for a while so I would not be sure on how it is fishing .
Have a look at it in daylight as it is prone to getting badly covered in weed.
I've always found fishing here best either side of low water on the slacker tides

Had 6 sessions in Ballywilling in Oct plenty of cod, dogs and coalfish most of the sessions were over high water fishing at the end of the slip.
Other species included painted ray, flounder, strap conger, bass, bullhuss,
The baits I was using were crab, lug and the odd mackerel.
Thanks donal appreciate the advice .I'm new enough to beach fishing.can I dig lug in the same area. PM that answer if you'd like
Thanks again pat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
patmac736
SAI Lug Worm
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Ballycrenane/ballinwilling beach

Postby donal domeney » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:36 pm

You can dig a few lug at Shanagarry but from what I've heard it's hard going.
where about are you based

GARRYVOE BEACHES BY NAME.jpg
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
User avatar
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace
 
Posts: 4640
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:13 pm
Location: cork
Has thanked: 591 times
Have thanks: 1080 times

Re: Ballycrenane/ballinwilling beach

Postby patmac736 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 pm

donal domeney wrote:You can dig a few lug at Shanagarry but from what I've heard it's hard going.
where about are you based

GARRYVOE BEACHES BY NAME.jpg
I'm living near conna Donal.
I normally buy frozen lug from tom in midleton but I can travel anywhere from east cork to west waterford

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
patmac736
SAI Lug Worm
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time


Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], VigLinkBot [Bot] and 13 guests