Kilmore Quay Sunday 2nd September 2018

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:05 am

Headed out with Dick Hayes on the Enterprise with seven on board.

Pleasant day weather-wise - started off dull and misty but brightened up nicely during the course of the day.

Nice steady drift. Bit fast at times but generally fine with 10oz lead.

First stop for mackerel picked up a few sporadic mackerel and quite a few launce. We moved up closer to the islands and picked up plenty of mackerel, particularly on the smaller feathers and hokkais.

Dick moved off a bit and then set us up on a series of deep water drifts which saw us take pollack to about 9lb, cod to 6lb (including a string of 3 nice cod), ling to 7lb, cuckoo wrasse, dogfish and one octopus! Mackerel and launce were being caught throughout the day with a lot of launce foul-hooked.

Feathers/hokkais both baited and unbaited were the order of the day. Most of the bigger fish were on baited hooks.

All in all a very pleasant day out. Weather was good, fishing was good and the craic was good too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kilmore Quay Sunday 2nd September 2018

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Sounds like decent fishing...

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Sounds a great day out, a few picturesfof the better fish would be good to
Remind us what there like :D

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Sound John.

I keep saying I must make an effort to take more photos. I'm inclined to throw the phone into the bag and leave it there.

We were sort of all hitting the fish at the same time, quiet for a bit and then bang everyone on so no one was in a hurry to drop the rod to take photos.