Dingle advice needed

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Dingle advice needed

Postby chuckaroo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 am

So it looks like I’m gonna fulfil a lifelong ambition and head down to fish the shore in Kerry in the coming weeks.
Now this will be a mega journey, 5 and a half hours driving each way!, so I really would appreciate any advice from anyone out there familiar with the Dingle peninsula.
The main aim will be bass on the fly but I will also try for them on soft plastics too, so it would be important to find the right habitat and depth of water. Can anyone give me some good pointers please??
PMs would be great. All info given will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thanks in advance
Charlie

2018 targets:
First tope, first skate, a specimen flounder (2.5lb+ or 40cm+)
First wolffish, a 30lb+ shore-caught halibut, a 20lb shore-caught cod, a 10lb+ coley, a 4lb+ plaice (Norway)
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 642 times

Advertisement

Re: Dingle advice needed

Postby MONKEYwrasse » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:25 pm

chuckaroo wrote:So it looks like I’m gonna fulfil a lifelong ambition and head down to fish the shore in Kerry in the coming weeks.
Now this will be a mega journey, 5 and a half hours driving each way!, so I really would appreciate any advice from anyone out there familiar with the Dingle peninsula.
The main aim will be bass on the fly but I will also try for them on soft plastics too, so it would be important to find the right habitat and depth of water. Can anyone give me some good pointers please??
PMs would be great. All info given will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thanks in advance

Have heard of some good bass fishing in the Bunnawonder area the far side of Tralee.
"Conservation is a moral obligation"

Hunters of The Silver bar

Now an old stick stead's me
Against the howling tempests' breeze
No place on Earth to better be
For there, compares to no other

When the wild seas rage
Before Winter gathers in her gales
We'll chase the Bass along the bay
By Brandon harbour

P Ryan 2014

Species total 2012---26 Species

Species total 2013---31 Species

Species total 2014---33 Species

Species total 2015---Flounder, Ornate Wrasse, Lizard fish, Rainbow Wrasse, Black combtooth Blenny, Shore Rockling, Bass, Dab, Whiting, Starry smooth-hound, Dogfish, Pollock, Bull Huss, Mackerel, Thornback ray, Coalfish, Codling,

For this message the author MONKEYwrasse has received thanks:
chuckaroo (Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:34 am)
MONKEYwrasse
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 382 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum