Re: Midweek Night Comps

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 am

I'm not in this wed.
But count me in in future.
David

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi Paul.

This is a great idea. Gonna try and make it. Can ya PM the details.

Cheers,

Jay.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Dont forget tomorrow night men! Got this from Met.ie too

. A cold, breezy and mostly cloudy day, with top temperatures of 3 to 9 C., best in the southwest, in strengthening southeasterly winds.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Okay the much anticipated midweek northside match starts tonight. The weather is not looking too bad with South East winds this should put a surf on the beach. I think the rain is due to hold off fingers crossed. Good luck to all see you tonight!!!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I can't make it tonight due to family committments.

Apologies,

Donal.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

How did you get on lads?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

great night was had by all, full report will follow! :D

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 pm

We held our inaugural midweek match on Portmarnock Beach 8-11pm last night and as far as I know there has never been a competition held on this beach before. A total of nine lads braved the weather in what turned out to be a pet night considering the forecast.
A big thanks to the lads for turning out and for some this was their first competition. We were greeted with a south east wind coming off our right shoulder with light rain which stopped just as we started. There was a nice surf on a rising tide with high tide due at 22.35. With hindsight I should have pegged the beach to the right of the entrance because on high tide the low peg numbers were pushed up against the shelter and found it hard to cast. The competition started well with fish coming from the off some flounders and whiting to most pegs. The whiting continued right though the 3 hour match with some lads getting trebles and doubles “jammy sods” It was competitive amongst the usual match anglers but very relaxing. Keith Murphy on the peg to my right was catching consistently right through the three hours. At one stage I went for a flounder walk!!! To see how the other lads were doing, and when I returned Keith was eager to know what was happening along the beach. Of course I filled him full of s**t and told him there were bags of 18 and 12 on the lower pegs. I never seen a lad work as hard to try and catch up ha ha ha!! “Sorry Keith”.
Glenn on the peg to my left got a nice Sea Trout which was returned alive; unfortunately Sea Trout don’t count in competitions, hard luck Glenn.
The overall winner on the night was Keith Murphy with 14 fish consisting of whiting and flounders second was Eamonn Bermingham with 12 fish well done lads good fishing.
All in all it was a great night with a good bit of banter and slagging. We hope to hold our next one maybe after xmas and we might try a different beach. I was home and sitting down having a cup of tea before 12 handy fishing on our doorstep.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Good to hear there was fish coming off the beach, was raging I missed it!
Looking forward to the next one :)

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Sounded like a good comp! Well done lads

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Weldone Keith on the win and to Paul for getting this off the ground.

Maltesers and M&M's are currently offering sponsorship too i hear.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Well done , sounded like a good evenings fishing, bring on the next one !

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Well Paul any more on the cards?
Was raggin I missed the last one :(

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:06 pm

when the next comp? im well in sounds good, bet there loads of lads in dublin area that would join

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm

also interested in another one ..

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am

I heard rumours of one possibly next week, watch this space and shine those hooks!

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Next Wednesday!!! weather permitting.....those interested please let me know before coming for details. We will be fishing over low tide 8-11 so expect to be mobile and move regularly. As before bait restrictions lug and fish baits ie: Blacks, fresh Lug, Mackerel and Sandeel for handiness sake.
Fished this area last night and had Dabs, Whiting, Codling, Flounder and Rockling, so there is still fish around.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

can't wait Paul count me in

Mark

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 am

I'm in.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Well if kstaff is in so am I!