Results from Down under

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Results from Down under

Postby JPS » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:42 am

Well we had an interesting day with the Geelong weather being as fickle as Melbourne's with rain , cloudy and sunny breaks making for intersting conditions.

Turnout was small but the 10 or so people who attended had a great time and with Graeme Johnston ( no relation to Mark ) had the opportunity to get some slider rigs and other fishing & casting gear for sale that helped both with peoples fishing needs as well as casting terminal tackle.

In regards to the casting results :

Once again Scott Selby took top cast with 254.9 :D meters with the 150 gram , also with the 175 gram with a distance of 239.3 meters. :)

Scott didn't have it all his own way with Lee Andrews hitting some very good istance with a 247.7 :) with the 125 gram and a 242.9 :) with the 100 gram thereby taking out the lighter weight catergories.

I had mixed results with a new PB on the 100 gram of 233.7 meters :D
but distances with the other weights were not up too the same level as training in leadup to the comp ( Comp pressure :oops: ).
Out of court casts cost me my first 240+ meters casts and added to the frustration that comes with competition. :cry:
Need to get that worked out

Mak Johnston once agin was casting consistently with 200+ meters casts in all four weight catergories.

Ces Selby who will be turning 65 very shortly and who has had major surgey did excellently with the 100 gram achieving 205.9 meters. :D Great to once again cast with Ces and see what a smooth style can do.

Luke day once again has improved and achieved 205.7 with the 125 gram as well as 200+ with the 150 gram.

I will post up the full results laters on once I get them formatted correctly.

Regards
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby Seancelt » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:51 am

Nice report and well done on the PB.
All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!
Seancelt
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby paddyc » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Yes nice going Jeremy, pity about your 240 cast but at least you know now its in you and there for the taking,is can get very frustrating i know,,,good on Lee thats a bit 125 hit, he is catching up on Scott and also great to here Ces is back doing a bit i just hope im in as good condition when im his age :wink:
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Return to Casting