Cheap Sakuma line on ebay

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Cheap Sakuma line on ebay

Postby EoinMag » Mon May 14, 2007 6:54 pm

I just got delivered a 4550m spool of sakuma nite crystal 0.35 line for 45 euro approximately to the door.
Sellers name on ebay is roysum, he has all breaking strains of this stuff and all at deadly prices.

Just thought I'd let you all know.
2008 Species: Flounder, whiting, coal fish, Dogfish, rockling, dab.
EoinMag
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby paddyc » Tue May 15, 2007 8:44 am

Thats not that cheap, Henry does them for the same price, (1/2 kilo spools) and i think he has it in stock now. Have you switched over to the multiplier yet eoin,,? if so how are you getting on,,?
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby EoinMag » Tue May 15, 2007 8:53 am

I'm fishing now with a millionaire and a shimano multiplier, I'm still not up to distance but then I don't have a large rod rung for multi yet, that's on the way. I still haven't used the 6500 but then I am getting nicely up to speed on the other ones. I can go out for a session now and not birdie up at all and I don't need the rubber finger protectors anymore on them either.
Coming on nicely I'd say. I'd advise anyone making the switch over to do what I did, start with a cheap reel for lures and the basics of multi use, then when you have the basics down move onto more advanced hardware and step up the rods. The best pairing I have at the moment is the millionaire with a Viking Mustad lite 116. I'm really enjoying the precision of fishing on multi and reckon I'm a complete convert now, I was using a fixed spool on the girlfriends enticer recently and was bugged by the loops feeding out and slapping sloppily against the rings when I was fishing. Another thing I found brilliant with the multi line feed was when float fishing I was able to feed line from reel level and it was going right out the tip ring and not being lost in coils before it even got through the bottom ring.
I'm happy enough with the distances I'm getting now on the multis when casting for fishing too, so it's going well thanks.
EoinMag
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby paddyc » Tue May 15, 2007 9:16 am

thats great eoin, fair play to you keep up the good work.
what rod are you thinking of getting,,,?
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby EoinMag » Tue May 15, 2007 9:30 am

I haven't had a look yet, I'm due to get 500 for a network job I did a while back and that's earmarked for something. The problem thusfar is that I don't fish with anyone else really and don't get to try other rods at all, so I don't know yet what rod I'll get, but it'll have to fish as well as cast, probably a century or a zipplex, but like I say until I try a few rods I won't be able to make a decision.
EoinMag
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby paddyc » Tue May 15, 2007 10:38 am

alot of guys use the Primo Synchro as there casting/fishing rod, very slim with tones of usable power, and has already put down lots of 290yard+ casts yet has a very managable and sensitive tip, just a thought as henrys can supply these fairly fast and at a good price too..
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Return to Casting