Another casting session!

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Another casting session!

Postby fishinmidget » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:41 pm

me casting my Daiwa TDXS 129pm with .35 tritainum and a 125grm sinker. reel was a mag elite. i think the daiwa is helping me cast smoother than the century because of a very soft tip and maybe that is cushioning the cast?

supposed to be a pendulum cast :oops: :oops: :? :?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5yFy7xGKfg[/url]

As always i would appreciate any advice you can offer.
SACN number: 0688

Le rosbif......
fishinmidget
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 36 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby IDPearl » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:02 am

Looks like you've gone back a step. You are getting better movement on your arms, but your legs are all over the place.

Make sure you have a firm base to begin with. Point your left foot forward and your right foot about 3 o'clock - with a good firm stance. On the out swing, keep the weight on your back foot and twist your body round to the right as far as you can. As you cast, turn to look at the target and your body will start to unwind. Transfer your weight to your left leg as you come round and power into the cast.

Best way to practise this is to do it in your living room/bedroom/private space. Keep doing it over and over to develop muscle memory. Imagine you are performing the cast over and over again and it will be easier on the field.

Next thing to do, once you got wound up into position, relax, take a deap breath, breathe out slowly, breathe in deep, turn and belt the crap out of it!! :twisted:

Enjoy!

Ian
Malaysia/Singapore Species list: Grouper, Catfish (Salt water), Puffa fish, Barracuda, Sea Pike, Gar Fish, Giant Trevally, Leopard Murray Eel, Grass Carp, Sardine, Rainbow Runner, Chinese Mackerel, Flying Fish, Stingray, unidentified reef fish, Dorado (Dolphin Fish), Gelama, Ketuka, Flathead, Striped Tuna, Chicken Fish, Red Snapper, Fingermark Snapper, Emperor Snapper, White Snapper, Golden Snapper, Sweetlip, Blue Spotted Ray, Sailfish, Parrot Fish, Whiting and a whole bunch of others!
IDPearl
SAI Sea Dog!

Location: Was Dublin, then SW France, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Malaysia - Singapore!!
Have thanks: 1 time

Postby paddyc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:46 am

Your arm postion at the start of the cast could be a bit higher, and as ian has said your legs are off, keep them shoulders width apart only transfering your weight when you have the lead in postion for the final punch pull, not bad over all though and you seem to be getting nice compression... keep up the good work :wink:
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby fishinmidget » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:19 pm

ok. am going casting again now and i will try to put those tips into pratice.

As always, thanks for the help.
SACN number: 0688

Le rosbif......
fishinmidget
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 36 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Casting