Me having a cast.

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Postby jd » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Particular for use in this forum, if you post a link to a you tube or google video, the bulletin board software will automatically ember the video in the post
jd
jd
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 526 times
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby fishinmidget » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Thats great :D
SACN number: 0688

Le rosbif......
fishinmidget
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 36 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby nthclare » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Maybe slow it down and watch the legs position and maybe let the rod do most of the work which sounds daft but you will get the hang of it after a while check out the john holden one i posted there
nthclare
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby glengormley-gavin » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Lee337 wrote:Hi Alex,

The drop length looks much better, however - you are still bending your right arm way too much and also instead of picking a target in the sky and punching up towards it you are looking back towards the rod. If you re-read Sean's response on our site - [url=http://ulstercastingclub.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284]here[/url] - it will tell you everything you need to know. Then it's down to you to get out and practice, practice, practice.

When you get the timing right you would not believe how slow it can be done and still pull a hell of a bend in the rod 8)

Lee

Alex - take the advice above and work on it - Lee helped me a lot and showed me where I was going wrong. I've yet to have a go with my latest cast on the court but I am confident that I could reach 150+ all down to small changes - again thanks to Lee.

One thing I did notice on your first cast was that the arc of the rod was all wrong - you seem to have corrected that but the next big step is to get your arm positioning correct before and during the cast - this will make a big, big difference to your distance. 30 mins with an instructor or an accomplished caster will do 100 times more good than practicing on your own.

Jude
glengormley-gavin

Previous

Return to Casting