casting

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

casting

Postby MC » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 pm

would just like to say thanks to the lads at the Ulster Casting Club for all their help today, especially Sean who watched me cast once and gave me a few pointers and 10minutes later I was casting just as far but with less effort and it was a lot easier to do. I started the day doing casts of around 90 to 100 yards and my last cast was 125yards, now that's some improvement, it can and will improve as I for one shall return to these meets and hope to cast even further. From what I have wrote so far you may think the day was all serious, how wrong you would be, the lads are sound and the craic was great ( houmous's abuse seems to be compulsory) and the lads made me feel welcome, at ease and part of the group, so if would would like help with your casting just go to the UCC website and contact them.

PS. Thanks Andy for the tow, thanks Lee for a loan of your reel and thanks Sean for your help, see you all again.
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 383 times

Postby Lee337 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:29 am

No worries Martin, glad you enjoyed and benefited from your day 8)

Practice will make a difference over time, I have found I am enjoying my fishing more now as I can cast further than ever ( when required ) with less birds nests/over runs etc.

Hope to see you again, if not on the field then at one of the meets for a spot of fishing.

On a more serious note, one of the Casting Club's regular members was absent today due to a bereavement in his family - we would like to offer our mose sincere condolences to him and his family.

Lee
Even a bad days fishing is better than working.

[url]http://www.ulstercastingclub.org[/url]
Lee337
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Jonny » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 am

Glad to hear you had a good day Martin and lets hope theres many more to follow (onward and upward)

Many thanks Lee much appreciated.
My Photos

Casting Related Photos

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
Jonny
Wayward Legs

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby MC » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:12 am

Lee337 wrote:On a more serious note, one of the Casting Club's regular members was absent today due to a bereavement in his family - we would like to offer our mose sincere condolences to him and his family.

Lee

I am sorry to hear that and hope to meet everyone again soon
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 383 times

Return to Casting