Fly fishing for bass

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

Fly fishing for bass

Postby Tim » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:47 am

I hate to point anyone in the direction of anything not on this forum and I guess you may have already seen it but if not, I think a few of you may be interested in some postings on the UK SWFF forum (http://www.ukswff.co.uk). Look for "Bass Fishing Intro" by Myfish in August. Even the seasoned SWFF posters seem impressed. It's under the General SWFF Board and seems some good stuff but it is Jersey related. The jumping crab looked interesting!

I'm hoping someone can come up with something similar for Ireland! Anyone out there doing anything similar or do you think the tactics used in Jersey just won't work in Ireland?

Tim
Tim
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:58 pm

all i would say would b that if u stick to sandeel imatations u will not go too far wrong, clouser minnows, decievers anda few poppers will c ya thru most sessions. i wouldnt bother with the other patterns untill u r well into the flyfishing. other tip is to keep the fly moving nice and quickly, especially the poppers u will never b too fast for a bass but if ur too slow they will follow it but strike less often.

Postby liamd » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:00 pm

sorry that last post was me
liamd

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing