Tory July 12th

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Tory July 12th

Postby Conor H » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:06 pm

Fished Tory on Tuesday. Best day out with Pat yet. We were 2 anglers short , with only 6 of us turning up, but it made for comfortable fishing.
First port of call was Tory itself, we normally stop at Horn Head for mackerel, but there was no shortage at Tory so we steamed on. Stocked up with a good amount and headed to the West side . Baited up my trusty 1oz leadhead with a belly strip and off we went. Fish were really thumping the bait and for the first time I had a couple of snapped lines ! David and Paul had the same - David lost a whopper at the boat, well into double figures (he said bad talk !!). After that we took fish at a steady rate, a couple of doubles (pollock) , a cast without a nibble or strike was rare. It was non-stop til about 12 when Pat decided to give us a rest and we headed for a sand bank a mile or so further off shore for Cod.
Paul landed his first Cod after about 20 minutes. We took dogs , Red Gurnard (nice sized) , ling, a couple more cod and coalies all hard on the bottom.

At 2 we went onto Tory for a pint and then off to the north side to do a bit more spinning. The takes were less frequent but the fish were bigger with another few doubles landed. At 5.30 we made for the Horn for 10 minutes mackerel fishing (for the pan), and then onto Port Na Blagh pier.

I can't sing Pat Robinson's praises enough (and Bill , his trusty sidekick) - they keep you in fish and craic all day, rather than sitting in the cabin. He'll move to fish when fishing is slow, and he annoys me by catching bigger fish than me everytime !!

Photos on my website soon, and Kieran has a few too.

I'd love to get a crew off the forum out for a day with Pat ! It really is worth it.
-----------------------------
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Tanglerat » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:10 pm

Excellent.

I hope you left a few for when I get out there............. :D
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby Conor H » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:02 pm

If anyone catches a couple of pollock with fluro green leadheads in their gob, can I have them back please !

There's plenty there Tanglerat ! I can't wit til the 9th now !
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Tory July 12th ????

Postby dtmcc » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:11 am

Well done there that crew.

Just one wee thing,,, I may wrong on this one, but I don't think-so,

Connor!!!!! did you, or did you not offer me a cup of tea in your house on July 12th just after you feed the bab? and told me you were fishing Tory at a later date.

Some boby sponser that man a calender for next year.

Are you still set / clear for Saturday 14th Aug 04???? for Ballycastle.

Dave
Founder Member
Kilkeel SAC

Don't need it! Put it back alive
dtmcc
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Conor H » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:07 pm

Hi DT, yip I offered you tea and asked if you could make it out with us on Tuesday 13th (my mistake !) . Must be great to be right all the time !!

Grip leads , can you mail me a few prices for different weights. All the rest are gone, need more !!

Am out with Pat again on 9th August so won't make Ballycastle, sorry. Not enough brownie points worked up !!
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports