Donegal bass,, mission 2 accomplished

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:01 am

As I said in an earlier post , myself and Sèan had set ourselves a task of catching a 40cm flounder, a donegal bass and a 5lb pike from a donegal lake for the winter season,, of about 30 trips since September we fished hard and I managed two 41.5cm flounders and himself coming close with a 38,, only blanked on the last day out there on the 15th,, figuring the flounder had moved off to spawn i thought it might be a good plan to specifically try for a bass,, I dug some fresh lug at lunch and hit the beach just after the flood,, 2 bass later im absolutely delighted,, great to know they are there and even better ro see them going back ,, hopefully there's some bigger ones lurking,,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Donegal bass,, mission 2 accomplished

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:09 am

Lovely fish! :D

Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:15 am

to get 2 on your first attempt is good going!!

Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Perfect, well done lads 8)

Am determined to get a bass off the north coast at the moment too, haven't managed it yet though

What about the pike..? :)

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm

chuckaroo wrote:Perfect, well done lads 8)

Am determined to get a bass off the north coast at the moment too, haven't managed it yet though

What about the pike..? :)

Once we can travel a bit further the pike will be hit,, no coarse fish in NW donegal so its a good hours drive,,

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Well done, flounder gone ?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Good stuff! Great when a plan comes together.
Bass move off during the winter too. It is thought that smaller fish may not "get the urge" as they may not be ready to procreate. Thing is, that beach should have potential from May onwards!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:43 pm

Not just one bass Martin, but two! You're getting greedy now! Well done, so fortunate to have the sea on your doorstep. Even my pike plans for February have been put on hold by our lockdown extension to March. Someday.....

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:39 am

FK wrote:Well done, flounder gone ?

Still the odd one about
JimC wrote:Good stuff! Great when a plan comes together.
Bass move off during the winter too. It is thought that smaller fish may not "get the urge" as they may not be ready to procreate. Thing is, that beach should have potential from May onwards!

Thanks for the tip,, didn't know that they move off too,, will have to give them a go in May then,,
johnwest wrote:Not just one bass Martin, but two! You're getting greedy now! Well done, so fortunate to have the sea on your doorstep. Even my pike plans for February have been put on hold by our lockdown extension to March. Someday.....

Figured if I got two it wouldn't be put down to luck

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:14 pm

Well done on the bass, fair play !