Ballykissane Killorglin Co Kerry

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Has anyone fished here recently? I saw a few posts from a few yrs back just wondering it its worth there to go fishing off the pier? I catch and release so it doesnt matter what I catch.

Re: Ballykissane Killorglin Co Kerry

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:08 am

Used to be best bass spot in Ireland Clive gammon article in 1966 mr Crabtree annual .him and his friends where taking dozens a night for years alas they killed it I read the article and fished the exact spot on the best tide around 2000 result 3 tiny flounder beautiful spot would loved to have fished it then hope this gives you a few ideas

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:08 pm

I tried it twice but no luck. Beautiful spot though. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:06 am

the shoals must be social fishtancing :lol:

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:40 pm

I only tried it with spinners and lures. I might head back and try with lug. I fished a few times a few yrs back. I kind of stopped then for some reason. Just went back again recently.
I was also fishing 2 hours before high tide. I might start fishing at low tide and stay for a few hours.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:21 pm

If anyone is interested in the article on Ballykissane this is the book it was in, still available online i.e eBay Amazon, price varies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.