Beach shutdown

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Beach shutdown

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 am

Was down in banna yesterday for a walk and the guards shut the beach down at 5pm. Looks like fishing is going to out in hold soon aswell. :shock:
Catch, release, reminisce & repeat

2020:Bass, Sea Trout, Pollock, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Dab, Conger, and the elusive LSD.

For this message the author Go Big or Go Home has received thanks:
urfishing (Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 pm)
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 65 times

Re: Beach shutdown

Postby kieran » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:29 am

I was in Strandhill and was stunned at how some people interpret 2 metres. Unreal. Left very quickly.
Slightly more intelligent display from people on Bertra - only people from same households walking together.

Seen a few people out throwing lures in to the local (heavily flooded) rivers and didn't see a point.
But the garden is going to look fecking amazing this year!

Maybe an isolated rock mark might solve the problem? Bound to be a few pollack hanging around...

For this message the author kieran has received thanks:
urfishing (Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:34 pm)
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby corbyeire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm

yea ive seen photos posted online of lads fishing. posing with fish right beside each other - keep the 2 metres lads - do your bit!

think its only a matter of time before more stringent measures come in - fishing will come under - unnecessary travel - im afraid

it looks like the garden, the shed and the house will be well kept over the next while alright - but its def worth it

For this message the author corbyeire has received thanks: 2
kieran (Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:40 pm), urfishing (Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:34 pm)
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Yeah at kells on Sunday after Banna, the beach was grand a quite. But at the rocks there was 7people using feathers and drinking having a party together. One was so drunk he fell off the rocks into the water. Thankfully know one was around to record it.

I think your right Kiren, they will shut down the coast line soon and we all be out gardening for the summer.

2020:Bass, Sea Trout, Pollock, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Dab, Conger, and the elusive LSD.
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Postby Sean Mac » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi everyone ,I went to Rostoonstown for a few hours during the week and blanked . There was about seven people on the whole beach which was grand. I prepared my food everything at home and went from my house to the beach without stopping but like Corbyeire was saying if it does come under unnecessary travel what a complete bummer. Will see how this unfolds. Was thinking of trying a night session in the hope of not seeing anyone.

For this message the author Sean Mac has received thanks:
urfishing (Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:36 pm)
Sean Mac
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 124 times

Postby Go Big or Go Home » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:38 am

Sean Mac wrote:Hi everyone ,I went to Rostoonstown for a few hours during the week and blanked . There was about seven people on the whole beach which was grand. I prepared my food everything at home and went from my house to the beach without stopping but like Corbyeire was saying if it does come under unnecessary travel what a complete bummer. Will see how this unfolds. Was thinking of trying a night session in the hope of not seeing anyone.

:D I say you are on to something there

For this message the author Go Big or Go Home has received thanks:
Sean Mac (Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:26 pm)
Go Big or Go Home
SAI Hammerhead

Re: Beach shutdownryears after a shoulder injury,

Postby urfishing » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Have been laid up for nearly 5 years with a shoulder injury, they finally replace my shoulder and just as I'm getting back on my feet the beaches are closing. AHHHHHHHHH
urfishing
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby baitdigger » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:23 am

The shutdown is causing a massive divide here in Wales. Many of the local beaches have been closed to everyone. I have heard tales of the police throwing people off Aberavon Beach and Penarth pier with a £60 fine. There are loads of keyboard warriors and trolls posting pictures of 'last nights catch'. There are also those who think it does not apply to them because they are not doing any harm.
I get that we can go out and fish in isolation, I have been doing it for forty years and when I lived in Clare I could fish for weeks without seeing another soul but the simple fact is we are being asked to stay in and not make any unnecessary journeys , not only that the government is paying us 80% of our salary to do so. We aren't under lockdown, we can go to the food shops, order mail order fishing gear so we can make rigs and do a bit of sensible exercise outside but if people carry on the way they are and the death toll rises I can see a total lockdown being enforced and then we will miss the hounds and the blonde ray run through thoughtless stupidity.
The Truth is often stumbled upon by men, most of whom pick themselves up and hurry along as if nothing ever happened.
https://baitdigger.wordpress.com

For this message the author baitdigger has received thanks:
corbyeire (Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:10 pm)
baitdigger
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 71 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum