Open Shore Competition

Looking for a club? Looking for members? Advertising a competition?
If you are not an established SAI poster your post may have to be approved.

Moderators: donal domeney, Rampent Wreckfish

Open Shore Competition

Postby donal domeney » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pm

In aid F MSIreland Cork branch

This competition is open to all anglers.

It's a rambler competition for edible fish only with a minimum fish size of 30cm

ire.jpg
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Re: Open Shore Competition

Postby kieran » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:53 pm

I will grant you that I often describe several species as inedible, but what does that actually mean? Are ballans and dogfish off the list?
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Open Shore Competition

Postby donal domeney » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Years ago a lot of the Cork clubs cut back on the types of fish been accepted at the weigh-in. So species such as conger, both types of dogfish, wrasse, rays, pouting, hounds and a few other that don't come to mind at the moment, A lot of these species are not caught in the beaches and estuaries off the Cork coast at that time of the year. There will be the usual posters who will argue on what is or is not edible and how they can catch gurnards, ling, haddock and a few other species from the shore. I say off you go head down for the comp.

The main species that are classed as edible are all flat fish, cod, pollack, coalfish, whiting, bass in season.

The majority of the anglers will be heading to the usual winter venues for cod, coalfish, whiting, flounder and one or two heading west for pollack.

While I am not part of the organising committee the above will not be too far off the mark.
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Return to Clubs and Competitions