Cork Harbour This Sunday: Lure Fishing

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Cork Harbour This Sunday: Lure Fishing

Postby shortcircuit » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:12 pm

I haven't been sea fishing in months, have been too busy throwing bits of fur and feather at trout!

I have a few hours free on Sunday after lunch, so will be fishing the second half of the ebb. Lure fishing for our silver friends from the shore.
In the past all my bass fishing was done on the beaches and rock marks of east Cork, but now I want to try and develop some marks in Cork harbour, closer to where I live now.
I have a few marks in the upper harbour that I want to try, but I have a feeling they all would fish better on the incoming tide. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a steer on a mark for the ebb tide.
I fish alone, so any info will be kept in the strictest confidence.

If you have a general steer or hint, please reply below. If you have info on a specific mark ,please throw me a PM.

Cheers guys

SC
shortcircuit
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 240 times

Re: Cork Harbour This Sunday: Lure Fishing

Postby fastnet » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Try the rocks between White Bay and Roches Point on the flood and near the bridge at Rocky Island(The crematorium) on both tides.East ferry also or Camden on the flood.
fastnet
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 26 times

Postby shortcircuit » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:14 am

Cheers fastnet, I seem to have an abundance of places to try on the flood !
East Ferry is quite close to me, that general area is the area I would like to hone in on because if I have a few spots there it would cut down my travel time greatly.
shortcircuit
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby JimC » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:30 pm

The water in East Ferry is like soup due to a phytoplankton bloom with the last few weeks!
The water clarity is poor in the inner harbour in general but it is far better in the outer harbour both east and west.
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby shortcircuit » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Jim thanks for that, I would have had a wasted trip. I will head to the outer the harbour and give it a go.
shortcircuit
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum