Just back from cork, did a wee bit of fishing

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Just back from cork, did a wee bit of fishing

Postby Thompst111 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:13 pm

So just back from cork staying in castlemartyr. While the other half was pampering herself I head off for some fishing (my own style of pampering). Got a couple hours in at garryvoe it was very calm no surf at all I had crab eel and squid two rods onnoully rigs. Finished up with three doggies and two whiting one of which was a cracking size a defo keeper but released him as was not returning home for another day. Next day to "manatrea" beach tide was out fished the turn. One doggie lost two rigs and shock leader nice spot, if full tide easily 40ft water very deep there. Haven't had any look with cod had one tiny one that was it so far this year. Plan on heading back down to cork/Waterford area next week for a full on fishing session. Anyone any ideas of where to fish would love cod 100% but after reading about the ray being caught at garryvoe(well literally a min away from there) I'm also itching to bag my first ever ray. Any ideas where to fish to increase my odds of cod and ray.
Thompst111
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Just back from cork, did a wee bit of fishing

Postby Rod Tips » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Thompst111 wrote:So just back from cork staying in castlemartyr. While the other half was pampering herself I head off for some fishing (my own style of pampering). Got a couple hours in at garryvoe it was very calm no surf at all I had crab eel and squid two rods onnoully rigs. Finished up with three doggies and two whiting one of which was a cracking size a defo keeper but released him as was not returning home for another day. Next day to "manatrea" beach tide was out fished the turn. One doggie lost two rigs and shock leader nice spot, if full tide easily 40ft water very deep there. Haven't had any look with cod had one tiny one that was it so far this year. Plan on heading back down to cork/Waterford area next week for a full on fishing session. Anyone any ideas of where to fish would love cod 100% but after reading about the ray being caught at garryvoe(well literally a min away from there) I'm also itching to bag my first ever ray. Any ideas where to fish to increase my odds of cod and ray.

Donal Domeney (2018 Cod Champion) is the man for the cod.

For this message the author Rod Tips has received thanks:
donal domeney (Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am)
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum